BlueMoon Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueMoon, Aug 30, 2002.

1. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

Well,
    Here is what is up with Me, been in this flare for 4 month now. Hip pain so bad, All My joints, you know the put you in bed kind of pain. Doc sends Me for a MRI of both My hips & lower back. Went to see him & he said I have a herneated disk in my back & he thinks I have a couple tears in My cartlage around my hip socket. He said he really did not see it on the MRI, But! He knows it's there by what I tell him & he feels & hears. He then said he wants me to see his partner who's "forte" is Hips! He said He would like both of them to do the surgery. Told me that first we address the hip then the back. He gave me a Lidodarm patch, Which, by the way, worked!! I slept last night!
    Next, I asked him, If this is from FM. He said that FM has made it much weaker then it should be. To the point that it pops out & does not stay in or it has a few bad tears in it. My other hip is not as bad.It is very hard to have tears in your hip without some kind of injury. Well, I have been in bed for 4 month how could I have done this. Not like I'm out playing football ! LOL Anyway. I thought you all might like to know that.
    So, My next appointment is 9-11 not a very good day, I'm sure they will want to do surgery & I'm not sold yet. Have to way the cons & pros. Hmmm In a major flare...surgery....major flare for sure.....how long?????
    Or, stay the way I am now, can't do a darn thing but wait till the flare is over & see how I am. I have had FM for 20+ years & have been through many many flares. Just Praying this one comes to an end soon.

Robin

2. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

Well,
    Here is what is up with Me, been in this flare for 4 month now. Hip pain so bad, All My joints, you know the put you in bed kind of pain. Doc sends Me for a MRI of both My hips & lower back. Went to see him & he said I have a herneated disk in my back & he thinks I have a couple tears in My cartlage around my hip socket. He said he really did not see it on the MRI, But! He knows it's there by what I tell him & he feels & hears. He then said he wants me to see his partner who's "forte" is Hips! He said He would like both of them to do the surgery. Told me that first we address the hip then the back. He gave me a Lidodarm patch, Which, by the way, worked!! I slept last night!
    Next, I asked him, If this is from FM. He said that FM has made it much weaker then it should be. To the point that it pops out & does not stay in or it has a few bad tears in it. My other hip is not as bad.It is very hard to have tears in your hip without some kind of injury. Well, I have been in bed for 4 month how could I have done this. Not like I'm out playing football ! LOL Anyway. I thought you all might like to know that.
    So, My next appointment is 9-11 not a very good day, I'm sure they will want to do surgery & I'm not sold yet. Have to way the cons & pros. Hmmm In a major flare...surgery....major flare for sure.....how long?????
    Or, stay the way I am now, can't do a darn thing but wait till the flare is over & see how I am. I have had FM for 20+ years & have been through many many flares. Just Praying this one comes to an end soon.

Robin

3. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

Thanks for the update, sorry it's not better news, but at least they found a reason for your pain.

Best wishes. Michele
  4. kitkat623

kitkat623 New Member

Ouch!! What a lot you have to deal with right now. I hope that you that you recover from your flare soon. I was glad to read that the Lidodarm patch worked for you, and I wish you many more pain-free nights. Please let your board buddies know how all this goes for you. Best wishes, Kathy
  5. BlueMoon

BlueMoon New Member

Just to let you know that the Lidodurm patch really helps.

Robin