blurred viision

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Jun 5, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

does anyone get blurred vision from time to time? somedays my vision will be fine and then like today had to go to the post ofc and it was very sunny,my vision was really blurred at a distance,its very distracking to have this just if this happens to anyone else.
    sixtyslady
  2. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

This is in both eyes but left eye is the worse. The sun absolutely blinds me. I can not stand it in the sun.

I have prescriptions sunglasses but it is not enough whrn in the car. I put on visor also.

Guess I need to be vampire and just come out at night!!!

Oh the problems of FMS!!!!

Hang in there and gentle hugs

Joan
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2006]
  3. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

on my worst days, it is bad. Sometimes hard to drive.

Suzette
  4. steach

steach Member

It could be from meds that you are taking. I remember being on Topomax, my vision became very blurred. I was taken off of it to see if the vision improved- it did. I also saw an Opthamalagist(? phonics!!) and my eyes were in good condition. I started the Topamax again because it really helped with my migraines but the same thing happened again- the blurred vision. I quit taking it because of the poor vision associated with it (a listed, possible side-effect).

Steach
  5. Turnert

Turnert New Member

What has occurred with my Daughter (23) is her vision has reduced field of focus and inability to see binocular vision Ie cannot look into a microscope and see things correcty. This stops her working as a medical scientist and if she reads etc tires her out heaps and gives her red eyes.

Several eye docs agreed she has convergence issues but none have a solution . Her optomerist however has a series of exercises that helps but to date after 6 mths on them only a slight improvement.

She has has CFS for 4.5 years following stress due to a marriage breakup and Glandular fever.

tony
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

Yes, I get this from time to time. It really worries me. I know that this happens a lot with MS too, that's why it worries me so much. Everything will be fuzzy looking and everyhting with a light has a halo around it. Wonder what caused this?

Kriket
  7. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

in the mornings and gets better a few hours later. I also have problems with the sun and halos around lights at night.

I have bifocals and have computer glasses that are only the bifocals. There are days I cannot see through my regular glasses, but can wear my computer glasses to drive and see just fine. Some days I can see better without any glasses at all.

Linda
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I have a similar problem focusing at times. It seems to be worst when I'm out at a restaurant , the check comes and it's MY turn to pay!!