Blurred vision and Confusion

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quest390, Apr 21, 2006.

1. quest390

quest390 New Member

I've talked to a couple people about this already and they have said it is common but i just wanted some more input about it. I was recently diagnosed with CFS but have had it for about 9 months. The thing that affects me the most is my vision and just a weird feeling. A feeling like im not myself. Like everythings a dream and it wont go away no matter what i do. Can anyone else relate and if so, what helps. Thanks you so much in advance.
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I don't have so much blurred vision, but I have floaters. And as for the weird feeling, I've had that also. Mine would transform into panic attacks, but that's under control now. I can't help with the vision. I use relaxation and distraction for the weird feelings. If it gets bad I take some valerian.

And yes, what you describe is quite common. Lots of us have the same or similar symptoms.

You'll find alot of info and support here. Welcome.
  3. zoemurr

zoemurr New Member

I have had that "dream like" feeling for over a year now solid. It's just awful. I've just started at the Cleveland FFC and am hoping to get some help. Have you been tested for lyme? Candida and food allergies can also do this to a person. I know it's hell. I think the scariest thing is that I'm getting used to it.

I've had blurred vision on occasion and it was an "optical headace". I think mine were brought on by meds. If you do a search on it there's a lot of info. Drinking caffeine as soon as you notice symptoms is supposed to help. As for the fog.. sorry.. I'm still in it majorly.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    -Sherry
  4. Mugrat

Mugrat New Member

Hi,
    I definitely know what you mean . I have up and down times with CFS, have had for 20+ years and Ii still can't explain the wierd feeling I think you're referring to. Not like fainting, not like having low blood sugar, not like any other feeling i've had with any other illness. Feel like can't jusdge distances, that I'm not actually in the world that's around me. I live pretty normally, just feel fluish and achy and nauseous quite a bit, with bad relapses occasionally. In my better times, no matter how bad the body feels I don't seem to get the wierd spaced out sensation and can almost not imagine what it was like. But it's there during the full CFS relapses.

I sympathise with you. You're not going mad, if that's any consolation! The feeling and disturbed vision seem to be common to lots of people with this thing.

All the best,
    Marg
  5. quest390

quest390 New Member

Thank you to all who responded. It helps so much just to hear someone say they understand. I can't even imagine feeling this way for the rest of my life, or for that much longer for that matter. But I guess I have to take the punches and roll with them. Thank you again for all your support.
    Austin
  6. darude

darude New Member

I've been having this lately
  7. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

As wakemeup stated TIA is also part of poylmyalgia.
    Have you been told you have poylmyalgia?
    As fuzzy blurred vision can be a sign of Optic Neuritis which is an exerbation of MS.
    You need to go and see your eye doctor ASAP.
    Please this is not to scare you it is just possible things to have checked out. Better safe than sorry as they say.
    Hugs,
    Michelle

Please keep me posted.
  8. isis900

isis900 New Member

I'm having a very bad day and it is very difficult to even push to write this brief reply.

I've been ill for over thirty years with multiple and varied sypmtoms....but lately, the blurred vision is truly getting terribly worse....frightening me because i feel even more detached from everything around me....feel a great deal like MUGRAT in her reply.

Candida and allergies are definitely contributors as well.
    Anything that causes more imflammation and any swelling in the brain.

Please know that you are not alone. I know that I certainly feel better after reading your letters here....not so crazy and alone.....thanks!!
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have this and it is very brothersome.The other thing you call Weird could be petite mal seizures .I have had these for years but when I got Preg with my first child they were very bad.Mine feel like I am floating and I can end up across a room before I even realize I'm walking.I do not fall down like some do with seizures and most of the time people would not notice anything different going on with me.After I have one of these I am so tired and want to lay down and sleep.You could also have low blood sugar.You really should tell your doctor and he will probably have you get an EEG of your brain.This doesnt hurt ,they hook little wires to your head and while you are laying down they record your brainwaves.
    I think everyone with CFS and FM should have this test because if they ever decide that our problems are a brain problem there will be records of it at different stages.I think I have read somewhere that someone was doing reserch with FM/CFS and EEG's but I can not remember where.
    I hope you find releaf but do talk to your Doctor.
  10. nice2meetu

nice2meetu New Member

This is such an answer to prayer!!

I suffer from this. I am diagnosed fms but I think I must have CFS also! This surreal feeling is what led me to panic attacks! Its too freaky! Thanks for the post.