Blurred Vision

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Scarlett65, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

Today around 2pm I was watching television when my vision in my left eye became blurred with a blurry curvy line of white running around the outer rim of my vision in the left eye. It was enough that it was very bothersome and a bit frightening. I called my husband at work to take me to the hospital it got so bad. Anyway went to the ER and had multiple tests ran and still no answer. The blurring finally went away also. I had bloodwork, lab work, a ct scan also to rule out a stroke because not only is that a symptom strokes run in my family. I think maybe my blood sugar went up high for a short time and caused it. My blood sugar was only 186 at the ER which is high but not high enough normally to cause this sort of problem so I have to make some eye appointments now. Anyone else have blurred vision with FM?
  2. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Blurred vision has become a real problem for me. It comes and goes and is unpredictable. When I am having problems glasses will not correct my vision. At times I also loose my depth perception. This can be nerve racking if I am driving.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have blurred vision off and on..The past 2 weeks it has been bad..I have been to the eye doctor, mentioned it to the doc, my blood pressure and blood sugar are fine..They can't find any medical reason for it, unless its allergies, of part of this cfs..

I got in wal-mart last night my vision was so blurred it was so hard for me to pick up the few items I went after..Of course wal-mart is not one place I like to go..

The blurred vision comes and goes and sometimes when I will wake up with it and I know I am in for a bad day...

Hope you get some helpful info..I can just relate because I have it..

greatgran
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I have had problems with blurring off and on. It seems to hit in the evenings when I am trying to read. I assume it's the FMS and by evening my eye muscles get tired so I can't focus as well. Like you, I've had my eyes examined and nothing was found. I haven't had anything like you experienced with the curvy white line so it's good you are getting it checked out. We can't always assume everything is FMS.

Ellen
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

in both eyes and my eye doctor said they were visual migraine auras. I haven't had this problem now for the longest time.

I was recently on a med and it caused blurred vision and for other reasons I had to stop taking it. It was an Ace Inhibitor to protect my kidneys from damage since I have diabetes. I had horrid chest pain and other side effects from this med, Vasotec.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

Thank you so much for giving me this feedback. I do have an appointment with an opthamologist on Tuesday. Going to see my regular doc also on Tuesday. And yes I may have gotten too much of something in my system. I take rhodiola rosea daily early in the day before breakfast. I took a multivitamin for the first time, one of those super supplements around lunchtime so you are right it could have been that and it could have been too much coffee. I had four cups of coffee by the time this happened too.