Board Rules & Info For New Members

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If y'all look just above where you log on, you will see links to info for new members and our board rules. Both are helpful to read. For those whose concentration isn't the best due to fog, the rules basically state that one cannot use this site to sell nor to recruit for other websites, one cannot post URL's for other websites, and members are expected to be civil and obey the moderators.

The info for new members will help to make the best use of this website.

Love, Mikie
  2. iconracr

iconracr New Member

I didn't realize. I did recommend a site to learn about the effects of silicon from breast implants. My attorney put it up to HELP women who suffer. It has helped me understand CFS, FM and Lupus. It is not a "for sale" site just information. In fact I thought I would recommend this site to the links there. This has helped me to most.

I will not do it again.

Cheryl

PS are we allowed to post our email accounts?
  3. rlnia

rlnia New Member

Thank-you for sharing this. I am new also, and found this accidentally, this weekend past. I am also very grateful to your input. I will try to read this also so I know, what's right and wrong. I just got so excited in learning how to read and post info to others, and it becomes addictive. I am not totally computer literate either. I read my answers on some topics, and it has delete or edit next to them, I do not know why? But, I'm sure I'll find out some-time accidentally.:)
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Cheryl, if you read the rules you will see that the reason we do not allow URL's is because there is no way Shirl & I can go check out every website our members would post about. ProHealth cannot be responsible for the content of other websites.

rlnia, the delete and edit are links you can click onto to either edit your post/reply or delete it. Clicking on it will take you to the original dialog box where you typed it when posting. When done editing, you must click on the Post button at the bottom.

In no time at all, you'll be zipping around our website. It is an amazing font of info on our illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bumping
  7. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

sorry if i did mention another website but only cos it has info for people with fibro in uk.We are not lucky like you to have this recognised as a real disease and this site is the only thing that has educated me about this. I LOVE IT HERE !!
    I come on here nearly every night to see what is on cos this site saved me!!!
    I knew nothing about fibro and my local library had NO books so when i got pc i found this by accident and now it is my lifeline!!
    thanx to u all
    RENA UK
  8. devanier

devanier New Member

I'M SORRY MISUNDERSTOOD THE MESSAGEBOARD
  9. iconracr

iconracr New Member

I am new here. I have been on one BB for 6 years now and that was not one of the RULES.

I thought, anything that would help. At the very least a Free not for profit website that would HELP those in need.

Personally after 10 YEARS of this thing, I pretty much know about the illness. And simply thought information is POWER!!! I don't have the benefit of medical insurance that is why I do so much myself. AND, because I have small children at home (1 and 5 year olds) and am 41 years old, I personally NEED to heal this thing quickly. The only people suffering here are my children right now. And the guilt is huge.

The POWER of knowledge is GREAT!!! I have have been very lucky to have had the support and help to have made this thing better before.

Sorry I broke the rules. Any others I should know about?

Cheryl

PS All I want to do is offer support. But I have only been here for under a week and already in trouble.

10. KayL

KayL New Member

We were all *new* at one point, and we've all *done something wrong* at some point.

You've got something to share with the rest of us, so feel free to jump right in. (just remember, no urls! LOL)

Karen
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you would follow Mikie's advice, and read the rules of this board, it would be beneficial to you in many ways.

If you missed what she said, just go to the link printed in blue on the right side of this page titled; "Messageboard Rules", you will know what is acceptable and what is not.

All boards have rules, some the same some different. This board does not allow URL's (web-addresses), thats the bottom line here.

I have been on a board that did not even allow one to put the name of a product that helped.
    So if you want to stay in the game you have to follow the rules wherever you go.

Hope this helped.

Shalom, Shirl
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We are very glad to have y'all with us. This board is growing by leaps and bounds. Shirl and I are just tired of removing URL's.

I know how difficult it is to get the feel of a new place and that new members don't usually read the rules. The links for the rules and new member info are pretty small and not everyone sees them. That is why I decided to post this, not to make anyone feel bad or like they are in trouble.

I no longer have the time to greet each new member, but I do welcome everyone and hope y'all read the new member info so you can get the most of this website. Our library is awesome as are our members.

Love, Mikie
  13. iconracr

iconracr New Member

Thanks for the reply. I did not mean to snap. I just go, well nuts sometimes. Sorry I did not understand. I am new here but OLD to the condition.

This BB has helped me so much in just the past week. I have already started SSD. :) I actually feared it.

And I hope I can help some here. There is no magic pill for FM, I kinda hoped I would learn something new.

Again, thanks and I totally understand.

Cheryl