BODY IMAGE-SELF IMAGE What are your pivital moments?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Jan 23, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I watched the Dr.Phil show today and then read some of the messages he got in reference to the show.

I am really struggling with what I want to do with the rest of my life.I thought that some of you might share your experiences.My profile doesn't say a lot about me.

I am very limited as to what I can do,due to health reasons.I have had 2 surgeries in 2 years. I can only stand for 15 minutes at a time.

I had my own business for about 10 years.It was successful, but both my parents became termanilly ill.I closed the business to be with them.That was 2/12 years.

I was on call 24/7.Stressed to the max.Developed sleep aptneia due to stress.

I have had many loses other than my parents.My nephew was left in a running car and died due to carbon monoxied(spelling) intake.It was pure neglect.Nothing was ever done about it except she, the mother, was sent to parenting classes for the other two children.

My father-in law had a stroke and had to be cared for ,for many years.My brother-in law 37 years old died of a heart attack. His first child was due just a few weeks after his death.

My husband's grandmother,whom i loved very much,passed from just old age. I really miss her too.

Then is when I lost my parents within a few months of each other.Then my grandmother was next. Then my husband of 13 years was sent to Iraq for a year of active duty.

My husband and I just signed a divorce.
    It's like my life is so mangled. I don't know what I can do or what I want to do.Except I want to be creative.I would rather not work from home.

I have few friends............My business and parents took up so much time.....and a lot of my friends have relocated or passed on.

I want my life to mean something and I want to feel appreciated,needed and such.

I'm open to suggestions as where to start?
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

Join a support group, if one is in your area. Go to church. Attend Dem. or Rep. or Ind. meetings. attend any place that is having card clubs, open to all. Take a class in some type of crafting. Visit the Library and say Hello to people.

Read in your paper on local things going on. Maybe there is a Art Show or a musical..etc. Gardening Club? Many things out there. Attend a charity dinner or Church pot luck.

Just let others know that you are limited in what you can do, and always will not be there. But do not elaborate. Speak up and talk to people.

Takes time but a long the line you will meet a friend or two. It is all hard to do for us. But just look at everything as an opportunity to get out and be around people.

It would pay off..........BLESSINGS.....
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello,
    I just got really zonked and just feel really yucky right now but wanted to bookmark this so I can come back and reply later when I feel better.

kate
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

You have only one sacred duty:
    to make your spirit available to others.
    You do this by sharing what you already are
    in this and every moment.

If you are loving, you share your loving.
    If you are suffering, you share your suffering.
    If you are healing, you share your healing.

Why waste precious energy arguing with God about
    what it is that is yours to share right now,
    worrying how your broken bit could possibly be of use.

Trust that however unlikely it may seem,
    without your piece,
    the universe would be incomplete

From "Nothing Left Unsaid," by Carol Orsborn:

Hello atiledsner, I'm sorry to hear you've suffered so much loss in your life. It can be difficult to grieve, I know. I feel as you do, unsure about what to do with the rest of my life particularly now that I'm unable to work and often housebound. The above poem gave me some perspective so I though I'd share it with you.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa