Body Jumping at Night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

A couple of times a week, when I am falling asleep, my whole body or parts of it jump off the mattress

No, I am not imagining this

What is this????????????????????????

BTW - I take Effexor
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

If it happens JUST when you are between falling asleep and fully asleep, from what i remember----this is nothing to be concerned about. It is when your body continues to do sporatic jerking motions during the night that you need to consider a sleep clinic. I think clonazepam is prescribed when the jerking continues during the night.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Research mercury toxicity and "myoclonal jerks"...see if thats what you're experiencing.

Mercury could be at the root of your CFS too.
  4. TammyHendley

TammyHendley New Member

Hi,

I too have that problem. It is associated with Restless Legs Syndrome. My doctor has me on Sinemet. It has really helped. I will begin taking Requip this weekend. My dr. says that research shows Requip to be even better than Sinemet.

Also, I find that the jumping is worse when I am very tense or overly tired.

I hope this helps. Best wishes,
    Tammy
  5. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

I have had this, I guess everybody does to some degree. When it starts becoming noticeable, you should talk to your Doc. Mine became so severe that I was actually jerking and started biting my tongue through the night and because I was so sleep deprived, I did not remember in the morning - I just knew my tongue was so sore.

It eventually grew into a diagnosis of sleep apnea. Hope this may help you find answers sooner than I did, although your diagnosis could be different then mine.

Good Luck

Jane
  6. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I've had this for a long time. It's right before going to sleep, my whole body will jerk. Sometimes I get it more than others, and sometimes I don't think I get it at all. I've never been sure what causes it. I had read it was part of Fibromyalgia, but I don't know. You aren't alone, though.
  7. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

I do that too!!
    My pain management Dr. told me to get calcium pills and take them. he said two a day and it should help with it. He said it takes a few weeks but its better then being on anything else. He said your body is loosing vitamin D. So u need to add it in your diet.
    CindyVR
  8. MelaC

MelaC New Member

I also get this but not all the time. I have never followed up about it so find your comments interesting.