Body Rolling, anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karmageddon, Nov 26, 2002.

1. karmageddon

karmageddon New Member

I've made my first attempts at body rolling. I've been doing trigger point reflexology regularly, sometimes a couple of hours a day, to push some acute pain back into the general roar of globalpain. I don't put up with pushing and shoving from over anxious screaming nerves.

I've gravitated, in my reading, to more detailed knowledge and while looking for a percusive machine, I discovered "body rolling". I ordered the book from Amazon and went ahead and ordered balls of three sizes.

The book is very helpful in going beyond "rubbing sore spots" and discusses the importance of lengthening muscles, getting them to take up more space; consistent in my mind to the contracting reaction to toxic events like, ahem, mercury deposits in the brain.

Using the balls, I'm instructed to roll on them. The first contact made my eyes water. It hurt. But I got a tremendous rush of some kind when I rolled onto the muscle area just on top of my hip. You know the spot... those plump little pillows right under the waist, that hold our pants up. Mine are sore as hell and rolling my weight around that area did something besides hurt.

I was just wondering if anyone else is doing this. Its purpose is to "release" muscles by rolling on their origins and coming to recognize that these muscles are out of tone in groups, i.e. that one origin to an exit can effect the next muscle origin at the exit point of the one that you are working on.

The book is written to physical therapists who, ironically, never get much relieve themselves, because they are too busy paying attention to everyone else but themselves. I can relate.

This is meant to be a personal tool for knowledgeable therapists, so I figure, why not go to the source?

Anyone else???

Take care, enjoy your turkey...and pie!!

Bess
  2. karmageddon

karmageddon New Member

I've made my first attempts at body rolling. I've been doing trigger point reflexology regularly, sometimes a couple of hours a day, to push some acute pain back into the general roar of globalpain. I don't put up with pushing and shoving from over anxious screaming nerves.

I've gravitated, in my reading, to more detailed knowledge and while looking for a percusive machine, I discovered "body rolling". I ordered the book from Amazon and went ahead and ordered balls of three sizes.

The book is very helpful in going beyond "rubbing sore spots" and discusses the importance of lengthening muscles, getting them to take up more space; consistent in my mind to the contracting reaction to toxic events like, ahem, mercury deposits in the brain.

Using the balls, I'm instructed to roll on them. The first contact made my eyes water. It hurt. But I got a tremendous rush of some kind when I rolled onto the muscle area just on top of my hip. You know the spot... those plump little pillows right under the waist, that hold our pants up. Mine are sore as hell and rolling my weight around that area did something besides hurt.

I was just wondering if anyone else is doing this. Its purpose is to "release" muscles by rolling on their origins and coming to recognize that these muscles are out of tone in groups, i.e. that one origin to an exit can effect the next muscle origin at the exit point of the one that you are working on.

The book is written to physical therapists who, ironically, never get much relieve themselves, because they are too busy paying attention to everyone else but themselves. I can relate.

This is meant to be a personal tool for knowledgeable therapists, so I figure, why not go to the source?

Anyone else???

Take care, enjoy your turkey...and pie!!

Bess
  3. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

HMMMMM......
    That sounds real interesting. I'm going to check that out.
    Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you,

HOB[This Message was Edited on 11/27/2002]
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

and nice to be able to do it in your home. Was it very expensive? Where did you buy the balls? Was the name of the book body rolling? Please keep us updated on how this is working for you.