Boltchik.... Your back...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kimba4318, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

How was the trip? Depressing I am sure, but hoping you got to catch up with family.

I hope you had a safe trip and all went okay.

Hugs
    Kim
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Thanks for the well wishes! It was a very hard trip, but I am so glad that I was there. It was one of those times when you felt like you really needed to be there for family. The first two days were very sad. I grew up with her Mom and she was just so overcome with emotions. As well as her Dad and brother. The services were very nice and she touched so many.

Her Mom actually came out to dinner with my aunts, my cousins and myself the day after the funeral. She actually smiled and laughed. I think it was so good for her to be surrounded by family. I think a sense of relief that her daughter was at peace also, as she battled cancer for 5 years. My heart goes out to her family! It was strange, I had a dream 2 days before she died. She was sick in bed and I hugged her goodbye. Weird how things like that happen, huh?

I did enjoy staying with my other cousin. She is a very neat person and she has a great husband and hilarious 4 yr. old. He definitely gave us much needed laughs! My sister got to travel with me also, so I did not have to fly alone and it was nice to spend time with her.

Hope you are having a good day and not freezing! Temp in Ohio/West Virginia were about 0 degrees in the morning up to 12-18 degrees during the day! Ouch! Glad to be back in the 65 degree weather. How have you been, hope your feeling well. Let me know. Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2007]
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Well I am glad you are back and you got to visit with everyone and be there for support for your family and your aunt... I am sure she appreciated it more than you know.

I do believe in the dreams and signs.... I feel they help us get as prepared as posisble for what is to come. Yes.. the cold is awful isn't it??? My joints are swollen and hurt so bad lately.... It has been a wind chill factor of 16 BELOW!!!! it was actually warm when you were here (LOL).

Glad your back home in sunny California. Well, good to hear from you, hope you are getting back in the swing of things.

Take Care of Yourself.
    Hugs
    Kim
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Blah! Now I am in a flare! Stress must have brought it on. Back, neck and leg muscles are killing me. Sorry the cold weather is causing your joints to swell. Hope you are having a better day. When does the weather start to turn to Spring there?

Well, at least tonight there is a Mother/Son dance at the school. Dylan and I are going to go. Even though I don't feel so hot, it is such fun dancing with him. He just looks up at me and smiles and tries to imitate what I am doing. It is so cute, wouldn't miss it for anything! It is a sports-themed dance, so we are both wearing our Charger football jerseys. And we are going to put black smudges under our eyes, on the upper cheek, like the football players do.

Are your kids doing anything fun at their school lately? Hope you are enjoying your afternoon. Talk to ya soon, Kim :)
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Awwww... how did the dance go?? Your such a good mom. I am flaring too, so sorry to hear that. I just went in this morning to get more blood tests on the Lupus and RA side, to see what is going on with these rashes and all the darn swelling. I was afraid that would happen to you :-(. That stinks.

Are you feelign any better today? Hope this will be a short one.. you can never tell I guess. I have to pick up my little one from his little preschool in a bit. He was supposed to stay with me, but then I had to go get the bloodwork done and did not want to traumatize him... so he went to his little school,... but I miss him and am going to pick him up soon I think. He can ride with me to take our dog Scooby (his best friend) to the groomer. Feel like crud, but want to spend the day with him.

Hugs
    Kim
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Let me know how your blood tests go, I hope everything is okay. Hope you had a nice day with your little one and Scooby. Did the kids name him/her?

Does your lupus go into remission? I will say a prayer that your health problems let up. You seem to have had a bit too much to deal with, so sorry!

Not really feeling much better today. My head feels like it is going to explode. I did have a great time with my son at the dance last night. And I saw some friends there and enjoyed chatting. I felt better for a short while last night, guess it took my mind off of things. I feel bad because I wanted to do something fun with my kids today and this is one of those days when I feel like I need to rest a lot. Frustrating, ugh!!! Maybe over the weekend I will feel better. I wish the same for you. Please keep me updated with the tests and how you are doing. Have a great weekend, Kim :)