Bone scan tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mariac2000, Nov 20, 2002.

1. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

I am a little nervous. I know the test itself is no big deal and I have all of my babysitting figured out so I don't have to worry about anything at home. I am just really concerned about the results and what they will mean. From what I understan, I have Fibromyalgia regardless, but the test could show inflammation which wiuld indicate Rhuematoid arthritis. Does this sound right?

Maria
  2. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

I am a little nervous. I know the test itself is no big deal and I have all of my babysitting figured out so I don't have to worry about anything at home. I am just really concerned about the results and what they will mean. From what I understan, I have Fibromyalgia regardless, but the test could show inflammation which wiuld indicate Rhuematoid arthritis. Does this sound right?

Maria
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can't help here, have not had this done, but want you to know that you are in my thoughts, and prayers.

Let us know how things work out,

Shalom, Shirl
  4. ephemera

ephemera New Member

My bone scan was because I have way too much calcium showing up in my blood (this was on tests done over a year). The bone scan was to see if calcium was leeching from my bones, so they were really searching for beingings of osteoporsis. None found. No idea what's up with the calcium.

The bone scan involved some motion, so if you're sensitive like me wear some wrist bands to help out.

Best thoughts for your tests.
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

I hope that everything with your scan goes well, & that you get the results back soon.
    I hate waiting for test results, but am so relieved when I get them back :)

Lease