bone scan

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, May 16, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

has anyone had a bone scan? I have to have one and just wonder how diffcult it is to lie on the table, and how long it takes.and if the scan makes one feel enclosed.
    I have to get this done befor next week I have to go back to th rheumy.
    MY husband had a mini stroke so I"ve been taking him to have all his test, we did lab work this morning, and this after noon, he had a MRI.
    tomorrow he has scan of his neck and then holter monitor. he already had his catscan.
    I"m so tired, it just takes it out of me because we have to drive to another city for all the test.
    anyhow I need to get this bone scan, so if any one has had one I"d like to know what to expect, thanks sixtyslady
  2. donna275

donna275 New Member

to check for arthritis and other stuff. They injected me with some kind of radioactive stuff and I had to wait an hour or two then go back in for the scan. It is very easy, however, I do not get claustrophic or anything like that. It was quite interesting to see my whole skeletal system. Then, they did my hands and feet alone. At that time, my hands and feet would ache terribly. That has gone away for now, knock on wood.

Donna
  3. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I have had 2 in the past year due to my sacral insufficiency fractures. This last time particularly, it was very hard for me to lie on the table. It took about 30-45 minutes. I foolishly didn't take my pain meds or muscle relaxers before I went. That would have helped. Good luck.