Bone Weary

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aberlaine, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I just got back from a 10-day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. After seven days I was out of "spoons" and still had three days of sailing and a day of flying to get through. I'm sure I used up many days of "spoons" in advance just getting home.

Don't get me wrong - I loved the cruise and would do it again, only seven days next time.

My problem is I'm more tired than I ever remember. I can't stay awake for more than six hours at a time. And that's after nine hours of sleep. Well, fibromyalgia sleep.

I'm going to see my rheumy next week and wonder if I should ask her about ME/CFS. I would love to get some of my previous energy back. Maybe it's the combination of the time change and the vacation. Maybe I'm being too impatient.

Any thoughts?

2. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I use to work full time at the desk of a busy KOA campground. I had to cut back to 25 hours, then 15 and one morning I got up and took a shower and just collasped. It took me 3 weeks of sitting and doing nothing to get back to being able to just take care of our R.V. I never went back to work nor have I since.

It takes time.
  3. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

Thanks for your response. The one thing I keep forgetting about having fibromyalgia is having patience (I was never good in that area). My flares eventually subside. But while I'm in one, I think it's going to last forever.

In the past few days I've caught a bad cold. On top of the time change and the vacation, I feel like I've been stomped into the ground. My brain is no longer functioning and I'm so dizzy I need a cane to balance myself.

But, as you said, it takes time. And since I'm retired, I have all the time I need.