bones hurt and ribcage, FM???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynncats, Jul 9, 2009.

1. lynncats

lynncats New Member

My shin bones and my ribcage are so darn painful. Other areas too but those are the worst. I'll mention this to my dr. but I've gotten scared a few times that it could be bone cancer, is this related to FM? A friend of mine was massaging my neck and back (rib area) and I about came off the chair! OH YEA and my feet, they feel like the are going to just break.

HUGS

LYNN
  2. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

Sorry you're in so much pain...you're certainly in the right place to find understanding about that.

I've had FM for more than 30 years and find that it affects my muscles more than my bones. I have arthritis also which makes the bones hurt. Kind of an equal opportunity mess - LOL.

One caution about rib pain...I recently experienced severe pain in my right ribcage, which hurt so bad I ended up going to the ER, which I usually avoid at all costs.

It turned out that I had a lung full of blood clots. Now I don't want to scare you, and your pain may certainly be part of the FM (the ribcage is surrounded by muscle) but I wouldn't want you to ignore something that could possibly be very serious.

Wishing you relief.

Mystic
  3. lynncats

lynncats New Member

thanks you for you advise. My dr. doesn't thing its my thyroid, so could I still use Armour for pain? You take care!

LYNN
  4. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Thank you, yes the pain is awful. I didn't mention before but I also have muscular pain, flu like crap. But this bone pain really started to scare me. About a month ago I had a ct scan of the chest, do to some lung problems, and the dr. called and said everything was stable. I have a few tiny specks on my lungs that they are watching carefully, to make sure they don't grow that's what he meant by stable, they haven't grown, thank god. So would the CT scan find it I were to have clots? I would think so. Thank you again for responding, the people on this board and youself are the BEST. Hoping you are having a pain free day.

HUGS

LYNN
  5. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Wow, that is amazing, 10 years, darn that is a long time. I'm glad that you listened to "yourself". You take care!!!!

HUGS

LYNN
  6. GALynn

GALynn New Member

You mentioned that uping your armour thyroid has helped with pain issues. I have been on armour thyroid for about 5 years now. I take 90 mgs once a day. How does mgs translate into grains? My pain has increased quite a bit this year and am looking to try just about anything within reason to help. My Dr. has me take an extra one once in awhile if I am having alot of fatigue. Thanks for your help