Boob flakes...lol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Feb 26, 2007.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Ok so im pretty open about all the weird stuff thats been happening to me these past few years. So heres something for you ladies to think about.
    This is probably just my own weird thing...lol..but what the heck might as well ask.

So when i take off my bra to change and all that good stuff....i notice just these tiny little like flakes on the insde of my bra sometimes. I always thought..hmm...my boobies must be dry or something..but they arent.

Recently i read symptom lists for cfs, candida, lyme...you know all the usual..and one was INAPPROPRIATE BOOBY LEAKING(it was on a Lyme list). Now...ive neeeeeeever noticed a single droplet coming from my modest size Bs.....even after pregnancy i didnt produce enough milk to nourish an ant, but im wondering if maybe there is a really unnoticeable amount of fluid that just dries up or something and leaves that flakiness.

Anyhow ladies...look on the inside lining of your bra cups for me next time would ya. LOL
    Thx!
    :)
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I'll look I'm just not sure if I'd be able to see them, LOL!!
  3. blkkat

blkkat New Member

not sure, could it be when you sweat, or the bra? but i have one better= yes ive seen 12 diff. doctors all say, if it was cancer( because ive had it over 19 years) they would of fallen off by now, i have GREENFLUID that comes from them. so what is that????BLKKAT
  4. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

monicaz49, I've never noticed any flaking... Could it be dried up zits? Scabs from scratching? Is the lining of your bras scratchy? Do you have Fibrocystics Breast Disease? Your breasts can leak with that condition. I have Fibrocystics Breast Disease and mine have leaked from time to time.

Which leads me to blkkat's post that mentioned green discharge coming from her breasts. I've had that problem most of my adult life and I'm 47 now. I went to a surgeon who had me extract some of it onto a slide. The path report came back saying it was... umm I can't remember what they called it. It is benign material though. It's from Fibrocystics Breast Disease. The green/white/clear stuff that can come out of the breasts is actually coming from the benign tumors that are in your breasts.

I was relieved to know I don't have cancer and I hope you are relieved now, too : )

P.S. You can avoid the discharge getting worse by not stimulating your breasts (tell your partner if you have one, to only touch them softly, if at all.)

Disclaimer--- anyone who has discharge from their breasts should ALWAYS get it checked out by a professional before assuming that it's from Fibrocystics Breast Disease. And always get a mammogram once a year if you do have it or if you're 35-40 or over or if you are symptomatic of any other breast problems.
  5. SleepyMama

SleepyMama New Member

She had sympathy leakage shortly after my first son was born! She was my coach (ex wasn't around then) and so involved in the whole thing, I dunno...
  6. mejlee

mejlee New Member

I love this site!!! You guys are great. I never had the courage to ask, but since it's been brought up... I too have the discharge.

I have fibrocystic breasts. I have had mamograms done, since I was 28 and they are done about every 2 yrs. The cysts have not had to be drained, yet. When the discharge is a darker green my GP for some reason puts me on a course of antibiotics.

At my last mamo, the tech asked if the discharge had every been tested, and it has not, so obviously that is going to be done on my next dr. visit.

I also get the flakes on the inside of my bra. I was always told that I just never "dried up" after breast feeding. THAT WAS 15 YEARS AGO!!! And I only breast fed for one month. (I was cursed with a daughter that slept 11 hrs. a night since birth. I love that girl!)I was told the medication to dry me up is just too painful for anyone, so they won't let me have it.

They did check my petuitary levels once, has anyone ever heard a connection between the two.
  7. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

I have the flakey boobs too.
    My bottom is flakey too. In fact I'm just flakey all over. I use Amlactin when I get flakey in the winter. It helps some. No, I don't have any discharge in the nipples.
    Mini
  8. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

I thought you might be talking about a breakfast cereal or a product Anna Nicole Smith used to use. LOL Seriously though, that is something I never thought of----I always learn something new on this board! You ought to post this on the chit chat board also. They would enjoy the humor!

Hugs, Erika
  9. blkkat

blkkat New Member

wow im not the only alien with GREEN DISCHARGE? nejlee i think you asked about the petuitay link w/discharge, yes we just went through this scary event w/my 14 yr girl as she has clear dis. she had a MRI , they were looking for a tumor. thank GOD it came up clear. and yes nightangel i do feel better knowing green isnt bad and yes ive had it tested many times for blood but always came out w/none. yes i also saw a breast DR. and have a MAMM each year.started at 26 i think ,im 44 now.GOD BLESS -BLKKAT
  10. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Hehe...thanks ladies! I think its fun to talk about things that might be a lil embarrassing...it keeps us real. And well...if we cant talk to eachother about this stuff...then who can we??!

Thank you EVERYONE for your input.

I never see discharge and the flakes are not green..but im fascinated by those that have that.

It was embarassing one time cuz at a physical exam my doc noticed a couple of the flakes and said..."Whats that?? Did you have oatmeal for breakfast or something?" Hehehe...meaning that it fell into my shirt/bra. HAHAHA....

I have no zits/sores etc. so its either dry areola lol or a hint of discharge i never see that dries up.

Hope this topic made you guys smile! Have a great middle of the week. Im actually feeling like caca today.

Ok bye!
  11. ILM

ILM New Member

It sounds like really dry skin.
    I breastfed for 4 years straight and weaned the baby in 2005. I still, over a year later get tiny drops of milk from time to time. I usually don't find them until they've dried up.

IME when you have something coming out of your nipples you'll find it dried up on your nipples and not falling out of your bra.
    Unless you have a lot of something coming out of your nipples and then you would usually feel it coming out and again, there is usually evidence on the nipples, not only in the bra.

I only bf my first child for a few days but I had the nipple gunk for years after.
    Some women will produce bits of milk for years after pg, even if they don't nurse.

And another thing, give your boobs a good squueze in a hot shower, like you're milking them. If there is anything in there you might see a teency drop come out.
    I can get a small droplet out maybe once a month.

I guess that would be enough to bf an ant? haha.