Book and information about CFS/MF

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunnysideliving, May 2, 2003.

1. sunnysideliving

sunnysideliving New Member

Hello,

I tried to find a list of books recommended for this DD (mostly interested in CFS). However, the result was too huge to go through.

Can you recommend some books worth to buy and read? I would like to know more about this DD and possible techniques to reduce the syndromes. I am also interested in the latest research related to CFS.

Is there a list somewhere about the internet resources?

You might know some other thread already discussed this issue. So, in this case just help me to find it.

In hoping to have a clear day!
    Cheers,
    Ban

[This Message was Edited on 05/02/2003]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

For current information, just go to the 'Home' page, we have all the latest on FM/CFS research listed there by doctors. You can print out whatever interest you.

As for as books, the very best to most of us that are readers would be; 'Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome (A Survival Manual)' by 'Devin Starlanyl, M.D.

All of Devin's books are wonderful. She has Fibro too. She also has a web site.

I also got a lot of information and help from; 'From Fatigue to Fantastic' by; 'Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D.'.

I have over twenty books on FM/CFS, but the two above are a good start and the best I have found so far. Especially Devin's books.

HOpe this helps...............

Shalom, Shirl

3. sunnysideliving

Hello Shirl,

Thanks for the fast response. This is exactly what I wanted. There are so many books available that I was lost.

As always your answer is invaluable! ;)

Cheers,
    Ban
  4. sunnysideliving

I jumped into the city and visited the two biggest book shop. Unfortunately, none of them has Devin's book, but both book an order.
    So, I ordered this book and will receive in two weeks.

However, I found an interesting book there. :) My hobby is fishing, because it makes me relaxed. Last year I started a new way of it, fly fishing. As you imagine I am pretty novice, even if I have been fishing for more than 20 years. Anyway, this is different and I do enjoy it. I just bough a wader a week ago and I am waiting for a bit better weather.
    So this book is how to master the cast of the fly fishing line.

I look forward to reading Devin's book.

Cheers,
    Ban
  5. sunnysideliving

Hello Shirl,

I received the book. It is different format than I thought. Wow, it is even bigger than A4. :)
    As I probably said I have problem with reading. The mind fog is worsening when I read or try to use my mind. (Honestly, it happens rarely. :)
    Nevermind, I will read this book throughly. I just started but found it interesting.
    Since, I have to work, probably I will have some more time to read it at the weekend. (Or I just go fishing. :D) Actually, it also depends on the weather.
    I stopped my wheat (and gluten) free diet, because of the bad experience with rice. I will try to find some resource on low-carb diet. Should I look for something else too? I mean in addition to LCD, because of this DD.Today, I have been visiting an neuro-psyciatrist. She will send her statement. However, she was quite satisfied with my mental capability and recognized only a few differences. (or I should write "disability". :O)

If you or someone else know internet resources about low-carb foods, I would appreciate to posting them!

Cheers,
    Sunny
  6. sunnysideliving

Low-carb diet resources, please!
  7. sunnysideliving

Hello All,

I have a list of foods with carbs inside and got Atkins diet.
    What else should I pay attetion using Atkins diet.
    Is there anything that a CFS patient should restrict using Atkins diet?

Cheers,
    Andras