Book club book

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greenbean7, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Ok, which one of you yahoos lives in my little town and got the only copy of The Copper Beech from MY library? Had to order it, but it will be here Monday so I guess I can wait!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I was trying to get it today since I finished a book last night and wanted to start another today. (I'm a biblioholic!)

Since I couldn't get it until Monday I started a Mercedes Lackey book at lunch. It looks like a quick read, too, so I should be ready by Monday.

My sis has been keeping me stocked with books the last couple months and I love it because if it's a series she has them all and I don't have to search or wait for the next one. Every time I find a series at the library that I want to read I find books 2 and 4. Never can find book 1!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The reason you can never find volume one is an old marketing ploy. The publisher saves most of them, hoping they will become colletor's item that it can later sell for big prices.

I am feeling pretty secure on the book front myself. I have half a dozen from the library and about 20 used paperbacks in the closet.

I always need paper backs around. Too risky to read a library book in the bathtub.

Rock
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I do that Rockgor!! I know i shouldn't but, do it anyways, i'm living on the wildside!!

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I think I read about wild young people like you in The Great Gatsby.

I hope no bathtub gin is involved.

Rock
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Not only must they be paperbacks but they better be ones I own! Sis gets upset when she gets them back warped or wet!

I have one still from my sis and picked up three at the library at lunch. I should be set for the weekend.

(BTW - No gin in my bathtub! If you put bubble bath in the tub with the gin do you get a gin fizz?)

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

My sis has a huge library and we have similar taste in books (fantasy mostly). When she loans me books she writes them down then crosses them off when I give them back. She has me write my initials in the front so she knows which ones I've read and doesn't give me the same ones twice. She's a pretty good librarian!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  8. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

And i didn't drop it in the bath tub!!

Did anyone else have trouble keeping up with all the different characters, and changing back and forth of different generations??

I did enjoy it.
  9. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I have a copy of the first murder club book. I think it may actually be yours. It's the first one that you lost. So I put it in the pile of books I need to return to you!!!

Dar