Book Club Members: the book for June is TRUE BELIEVER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, May 30, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

by Nicholas Sparks.

New members are always welcome!
    We're all reading the book by June 20th and then posting comments on it (questions, thoughts, favorite passages or quotes, digressions, etc.), just as we did last month with THE CURIOUS INCIDENT OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME.

This is a relatively new book (summer, 2005), but it's out in paperback, and your library probably has multiple copies. If you finish early, why not read another Sparks novel, or a book you'd like to suggest to the club?

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 05/30/2006]
  2. mom4three

mom4three New Member

Would love to join in on this one. I am a huge fan of his books and would love to read this one.

Tracy
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Glad you're joining the club!
    Kholmes
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Started two books by N. S. Didn't like either one.
  5. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

I will have to look at the book for more details and see if this is a story I would like to read. If it is too depressing then I can't read it. Anything that is sad, etc., affects me emotionally and physically unfortunately.

If not I will check out if someone has picked out a book for July early.
  6. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I thought I had read them all.

I will try to get it at the library. There is usually a waiting list for his books when they first come in.

I absolutely love his books. Some more than others. The Notebook and The Wedding are my favorites.

Oh my goodness, I just read that it is relatively new. I am half asleep it is 4:00 a.m. here.

Jodi
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

You can post your comments on "The Curious Incident..."

Did your library come through for you yet? I'm really eager to hear your responses.
  8. iforgetto

iforgetto New Member

In Audio book (unabridged)format many of us can't read reg. books anymore(hurts my head and iforget) and in audio you can replay note my name!!
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Hi will try and get a copy today. Is Nicholas Sparks any relation of Muriel who just died. I love her books.

Another author is a British woman called Margaret Leroy. Her River House and Postcards from Berlin were very good. She has two other books one cannot get here in USA except on line.

What about Alice Hoffman and Annie Proulx- they are both good authors. What about Anne Tyler too and gosh brain fog, the man who wrote Prince of Tides, gee I lost it- Pat Conroy. All good writers. His last novel was good, set in Venice part of the time. Thanks for setting up the club.

Anne C
  10. Marta608

Marta608 Member

A sweet, new little book by Daniel Gottleib called Letters to Sam. It's not a novel which I usually prefer but it's a heartwarmer.

Sorry, but I'll skip N.S. I still haven't gotten the first book yet so that's OK.

Marta
  11. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm looking forward to June's pick. Thanks, Kholmes, for organizing this for us :)
  12. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Iforgetto: I'm glad it's out on audio cassette, too. I love to listen to books on tape.

Cromwell:
    Nicholas Sparks is not related to Muriel Sparks, the great British (or Scottish?) writer, as far as I know.
    Have you read Muriel Spark's THE PRIME OF MISS JEAN BRODIE? That's a fantastic novel--and a great movie as well.

AnneTheresa: My pleasure!

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/31/2006]
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I love Muriel Sparks' Pri,e opf Ms Jean Brodie and also the movie Maggie Smith played her I think.

The BBC Radio via computer has just done classic serial of Muriel Sparks mystery.

AC