Book Club: our April book is...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, Mar 27, 2009.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Queen of the Road: The True Tale of 22,000 Miles, 200 Shoes, 2 Cats, 1
    Poodle, a Husband, and a Bus with a Will of Its Own, Doreen Orion.

“His dream — he’s always wanted to see America in a converted bus — and her nightmare —she has a bus phobia — and their mid-life crisis on wheels, make for a hilarious reading adventure.” –Mary-Lou Weisman, author of Traveling While Married

Here's the Amazon link. Solid five star reviews among 91 people:

New members always welcome!
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I have it on hold.

I don't believe there is such a thing as a bus phobia. But one might have a buss phobia which
    would be akin to a fear of intimacy.

I suspect any woman who has to have 200 pairs of shoes to travel is kinda loony anyway.

What kinda name is Doreen Orion? Sounds like a hairdresser who is star struck.

Note to people who have a phobia about joining organizations. If you would like to take part in
    our book chats without actually being a member, you are encouraged to do so. We will tell the
    secretary (of which we have none) not to record your name and the treasurer (of which we have
    none too) not to collect membership dues (of which we have none).

Also, you will not be invited to the reunion of which we plan to have none in ten years time.

"A wonderful thing about a book, as opposed to a computer screen, is that you can take a book
    to bed with you." Daniel Boorstin

3. vivian53

vivian53 Member

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a great book and I want to join the club.

I have not paid my dues, do not want to be on the membership list, nor do I expect to be invited to the ten, twenty, or even thirty year reunion.

I will sit in the back at the meetings.

I hope though, that if there are refreshments served at the discussion, some member would be kind enough to pass them my way.

4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Thanks for the info.

Is there a dress code?