Book Club: Our January book is...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kholmes, Dec 28, 2007.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

ONE MISSISSIPPI, by Mark Childress. I thought I posted about this a few days ago, but I must have spaced it. Sorry!

We're postponing MIDDLESEX to Febrary, since some of us are still down on the library hold list for it.

I'll post a discussion thread about it during the last week in January.

New members always welcome!

2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm going to opt out of this one, cannot get it from my library and would have to buy it - not being cheap but with xmas etc. spent a lot recently.

Had to buy Middlesex and got a few books as gifts that I want to read so will catch you all up after this one.

Happy reading.

3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I will try to get this today!!

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope you are feeling better. Can do wheelies on your scooter, etc.

I have One Mississippi on hold. I am pleased to report I am number one on the list.

5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Dar and Molly: I don't know if it's the cold weather, but I'm doing a little better, thanks for asking. I'm getting out of the house more and scooting a bit more. We have a friend visiting from Chicago who is completely blind, so my poor wife has to take care of the blind and the lame! But we're having fun.

Rock: First on an LA library list? That must be a first for you! Congratulations. Just found out yesterday that my sister and her kids visited the Niagara Caves near Harmony this past fall.

I've started ONE MISSISSIPPI, and it's intriguing so far. It's got a big surprise in the first chapter.
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi guys and gals,
    I am so happy that One Mississippi was picked for January! It is a wonderful book! I can't wait to discuss it! It is a fun read, I enjoyed it very much! And I hope you all do too! I hope you all like it as much as I did!

Your Reading Buddy,
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

8. kellyann

kellyann New Member

My daughter just read it for school credit, she loved it! She's in the 12th grade and in marching band. She wanted to know right off if Mark Childress has any more books he has written, that I don't know, but in all likelyhood he does,haha!

My sweetheart of a hubby surprised me with the best gift possible a couple days ago, the newest Stephen King book! Duma Key! I had to drop everything else I'm reading, Angelica, for one, and tear into it! I've unfortunately had to take a two week or so break in my reading due to horrible migraines. I hate that. I don't think it's fair to be to ill to even be able to read,which is my favorite pass time. So unfair. T.V. is such a poor substitute!
    Well, I'm off to the land of Duma Key!

Your Reading Buddy!
  9. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I'll save my comments until Feb. Can't imagine working on writing a book for 13 years!

Is it me or is there a scary lack of really great books lately?