Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Just received my copy of Middlesex - it is 530 pages - tell me I have the right book because I really did not expect something so big.

However it also has a new introduction by Colm Tolbin and a reading group guide (not included in the 530 pages).

From what I've read about it, I am really going to enjoy this book but I will NOT have it finished by the end of December, end of January more like.

If others are in the same boat, would it be possible to make this book for January as well???

If not I'll just join in with what I've read.

2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm still waiting for my copy of MIDDLESEX from the library. I'm #15 out of 28 on the hold list, so it may be another month before I even start it. So how about we proceed with our new January book, and post a separate thread on MIDDLESEX in a month or two?

I just finished a Ken Follett thriller called WHITEOUT that is set near Glasgow at Christmastime, and was thinking about you. Probably not his best, but I couldn't put it down.

3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I have my copy, finally found it but just started it. It starts a bit slow, but boy is it good!!!! With Christmas being next week, I doubt I will finish by the end of the month.

4. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I found it at a used book store here in Tucson called, Bookman's and the guy really is named that.

I guess his career was sort of pre-ordained.

So, I will try to work through it, too.

I'll check back throughout January to see how people are coming along.

5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

we're all agreed, I haven't even started it yet and will remember the first part is slow.

I'll try to get Ken Follet's book out of the library, they're bound to have it Ken.

6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I have finished Middlesex a long time ago, but I am more than willing to extend the book through January since everyone is still reading it! It is such a good book. And we will surely have plenty to discuss once everyone has a chance to complete it.

I vote for extending the month of January for everyone to catch up on Middlesex and then we'll go from there!

One Mississppi is a terriffic book and not as long and eaasier to read. And I like the book discussion questions set up in the back of the book. That is an added plus!

Your Reading Buddy,