Book: Explain Pain - anyone purchase/read it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chloe_s_mom, Jun 21, 2011.

1. chloe_s_mom

chloe_s_mom New Member

I was at my third Feldenkrais session today and the practioner suggested a good book (workbook of sorts) called Explain Pain. It is a bit pricey and I was wondering if others had seen it/read it/purchased it and whether they thought it to be worth the cost? Our local library isn't carrying it (yet).

I tried a search on this site, for the title, Explain Pain, but got several hits, not related to the book.

Many thanks!
  2. Jittle

Jittle Member

I have not read the book, but last week I was looking around and came across a website for a fibro organization. From the home page if you scroll all the way down there are 4 wesites listed: One is partnersaganistpain. I went to it and there was very helpful information about how to describe pain.
    -The organization address is
    -Then click on "resources" on the left, and go all the way to the bottom under "other resources".
    -The site I mentioned above is

Hope the infor helps
  3. luigi21

luigi21 Member

hiya, i'd take a looksee on amazon see what customers think of it, or google customer reviews, the people suffering pain are the best qualified to access the information provided in these books, most pain books explain the dysfunction, but again it depends on what your diagnosis is

all the best
  4. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Hmm, I haven't heard of that one, but another option for getting it low cost is search with ... they search amazon and lots of booksellers online and you can compare the cheapest prices, including shipping etc. Includes new and used books. I swear by it!
  5. chloe_s_mom

chloe_s_mom New Member

Most of the reviews were by clinians ;)

Ooh, thanks for the link - savings are always good!