Book lovers can read with reduced/no pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kellyslaw, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Kellyslaw

Kellyslaw New Member

I just wanted to share with everyone an item that I found and purchased on another FM web site. It is called the "Book Buddy." It is a pillow/lap desk that supports a book hands free. It also has a plastic part that attaches and makes it a computer desk or just a lap desk. I have not used the plastic part yet, just the pillow for reading.

I am not promoting this item for profit in any manner. I just thought some of you might want to know about it. I can finally read again without severe pain in my hands, arms, shoulders and back. I have always loved to read for pleasure and I had basically given up reading because I couldn't stand the pain. If you are interested just do a search for "Book Buddy II" in your search engine. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me regain a past time I loved so much. The woman who make these also has FM. She is so sweet.

Soft hugs,
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

sounds good, and sounds like a good suggestion for a gift as well even for those who are healthy! Thanks!

all the best,
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I'm glad to hear you like yours! I've had the page bookmarked for a couple of weeks now to order one for myself but will probably have to wait til after Christmas. I love all the different patterns they come in too. Did it take long for yours to arrive after ordering? I have a laptop and am an AVID reader so I know I'd get tons of use from this!

4. 3gs

3gs New Member

I found the book buddy for 17.00 There also easy to make.

ck sites there are lots of different kinds less expensive and styles.
  5. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi ,
    I believe you are allowed to put the link to a website like that and I wish you would, because I looked and couldn't find it. I read a lot and books hurt my hands and wrists holding them up, especially hardcovers!

6. cordy250

cordy250 Member

at Amazon.
  7. goofgirl

goofgirl New Member

Thank you for the suggestion! I have a lot of trouble reading big hardcover books; my hands end up hurting so bad! People always come up with the neatest ideas!

Addendum: I just bought one for myself ("strictly stripes" fabric, very cute!) Here's the web address where I bought mine:

[This Message was Edited on 12/10/2008]
  8. tut90

tut90 Member

Would you please tell me where you found it for $17.00. I would love to buy it but I have only seen it for $30.00 plus shipping.

Thanks, Tut90
  9. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Thanks for passing this along....I will bookmark that page for after Christmas.