? book on olive leaf extract

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tansy, Jun 20, 2003.

1. tansy

tansy New Member

As some of you know I'm putting together some info sheets for my doctor to give other patients. I want to keep it as brief as possible but give readers good sources of info.

Found this book on OLE it's "Olive Leaf Exract - Nature's Antibiotic" by Dr Morton Walker.

Has anybody read this and if so is this a book they would recommend?

Cheers

Tansy
  2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

I know Plantscaper has this book - as it happens, there are`nt many books on OLE. But she has said it`s a good one.

I printed off an article for my doctor - she still hasn`t read it. Horse to water....

Good luck

Love Pat.
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

Thanks I just needed a little feedback from people who'd found it useful. Good to see plantscaper approved of it.

Is your improvement still continuing? Do hope so.

Did you see my post about the only 2 research projects approved by the MRC so far? Talk about a farce.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 06/20/2003]
  4. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

In my hunger to find out a lot more about OLE, this was the only book I could locate...If you find anymore, please let me know..This book does go into more detail on all of its benefits..

But, I would have liked to have known even more..
    The major problem is that OLE has only been used, therapeutically since the mid l990s in this country, for sure..

HOwever, I am still thinking about the Cytolog, Pat, or one of your new finds..Can't spend anymore money, now...Tansy, has your brother reported back to you on either the Nattokinase or the Lumbrokinase? I have been watching that conversation with much interest.

Hope you ladies are having a nice day,
    Plantscaper

5. tansy

tansy New Member

Like you I like to find out all I can about any therapuetic agent I might want, or be, using.

Kept things brief with my brother, too brief I now realise, he was very wary of my using heparin or even warfarin. I think he failed to take on board the difference between between embolisms (I had a PE years ago) and the hypercogulation sujay has been explaining to us. So no useful feed back from him on this as yet, will send him sujay's great description when he gets back from overseas again.

Nickname had been very helpful. She sees Dr Hyams in the UK, he recognises hypercoagulation. He did consider nattokinase for her but decided upon inflazyme forte would be better. If you do a search on either of our names you'll be able to read about that.

Dehaddress (Dale) has been using nature's biotics and they sound interesting too. Supposed to be good for lots of bugs, cleaning the GI tract, and supposedly do the job of digestive enzymes. Found out about them some years ago but can't remember why I didn't try them; cost or difficulty accessing them probably.

I think I'm going to experience real problems with the British medical profession's usual conservatism over this, let alone the mess our local NHS services are already in. My GPs supportive but she's restricted by policies, funding and rules.

So I have decided if that is the case I will start my own attempts at coagulation then either see Dr Hyams, if I can raise the money, or contact a doctor I used to see and bounce all this off him. I want to know if involving him is a viable proposition. He is a doctor I trust not to take too many risks, he does what is necessary but one feels less like a guinea pig with him.

Like you I can't afford a lot, already put myself in a difficult situation getting this far. Even though the improvement has been modest so far it was worth it, but I'm not in a position to keep going at these long term financial committments that regularly exceed my finances. Always say I need to be fit enough to work again to pay for all the treatments I need to get back to work. Yet another of those many catch 22 situations we all find ourslves in.

Take care now

Cheers

Tansy

6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I have been waiting around for the science to catch up with the diseases...I was rather unlucky to develop this a long time, ago, when hardly anything was known..when I did have insurance, there were no really good treatments..

At least, today, they seem to know something about how to approach these diseases, but it seems we still have to fish around to find what works and availabilty of the treatments..when our resources have really faltered..

My mother is, also, very ill..but at least, she has good health insurance, although not very safe treatments..I was priced out of the health insurance market...

It does not sound too good over there, either with national insurance..Is that because they still have not recognized this as a legitimate disease or do you have problems getting adequate care for "recognized diseases"?

Plantscaper
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

seem to stem around several problems.

Although the Department of Health officially recognises ME/CFS there is very little understanding of it amongst the majority of doctors.

The only treatments that are being recommended are anti depressants and cognitive behaviour therapy. I posted a topic yesterday illustrating their obsession with this. The UKs Medical Research Council have requested applications for research programmes. If you look at my post you'll see what a waste of money those that have been accepted are. The medical establishment here is very conservative, on the whole, which doesn't help.

Alongside this we have a national health system that's under too much stress. The majority of doctors here do not have the resources, nor it would seem the inclination, to look at how patients might really be helped. There are a few exceptions but most patients get no real treatments.

Where I live it's got really bad, so whilst I'm delighted at having found a good GP we're both fustrated at how the system, as it is set up now, is blocking our every turn

Like you I've been ill for a very long time, we did not have access to all the information that's available now. Even now I feel we cannot rely on the UK national patient organisations and the medical establishment for sufficient advice or information on potential treatments. So like those in the States, who have yet to find a good doctor they can afford, we have to become our own researchers and doctors.

I think the majority of board users have shown incredible strength and staying power. Despite these awful DDs we don't give up, we search, strain our addled brains, and try to find solutions. On this board it's clear that we are the experts now. The shared information has really highlighted the nature of these illnesses and the treatments we're using indicate that we don't have to just learn to live with it.

We're getting there even if the medical establishment aren't.

Clever old us.

Cheers

Tansy