Book recommendation pls. re: vitamins, supps herbals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lynna62, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Many thanks to all of you that post such good info on vitamins, herbals and supplements.

I would like to get a good book on this subject. My fibro-fog makes it difficult sometimes to look things up individually here.

Can anyone tell me what books they have used to educate themselves on this subject? I tried to search the site on book recommendations but have mostly found recommendations of books about FMS or CFIDS.

Thank you for your time.

Lynna
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

"The Vitamin Revolution" by Michael Janson, M.D. is my favorite one so far.

Love, Forebearance
  3. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Thank you very much, I'll check into that one. Anyone else have any recommendations ?

4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

A very good reference book on all types of illnesses as well as the vitamins, supplments etc. which can help is Prescription for Natural Healing, by Phyllis and James Balch. It's in just about every health food store, almost like a bible. Several years ago it helped me tremendously when I was having chronic digestive problems. It covers all kinds of different physical problems and is set up in a very easy to use format, where you look up the condition and see what they recommend for vitamins, supplements, herbs, diet, etc. It's very comprehensive.

Mary
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

I have Alternative Medicine, The Definitive Guide Second Edition, copyright 2002.

It's over 1000 pages and covers everything. I can't live without it. The only problem is, it's so heavy that when I'm doing bad, I can't lift it to look in it! So I've got to lie sideways on the bed and read it propped up on something. It has alot on chronic fatigue.

I always look up stuff on the net, too. I look up a subject or a supplement until I can't stand looking anymore. Always more important stuff comes up that way.

happy xmas!

karen
  6. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

mbofov: Thank you very much. I am realizing now that I will probably want more than just 1 book. Prescription for Natural Healing sounds like one that I will need for sure.

barrowinnovations: The Alternative Med Guide sounds like a good one too. You seem to be very knowledgeable in this area, I will take your advice also.

I know what you mean about internet research leading to other things.....this happens to me too. Sometimes if I am really "foggy" I will end up forgetting where it was I even started. Having books here will help me avoid that "circle" I get stuck in.

I'm going to head to Half Price Books and see if they have any of the titles that have been suggested.

Thank you all for your time.
    Lynna