Book suggestions for natural FM/CFS treatments (supplements, etc)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lightnerbride, Aug 17, 2006.

1. lightnerbride

lightnerbride New Member

Hi,
    I'm 33 and was diagnosed at 19 with FM and CFS well I did pretty well until I injuried my back in 2000.

I have been unable to work since 2001 and have applied for SS disability and am praying my hearing comes sometime soon.

My real reason for this post is looking for alternative treatments outside norm. medicine. I have never seriously tried this route. I can not afford FFC or a naturopath at this time but hoping book recommendations can be made that have a routine to follow. I hear good things about Bruce Campbells book but not sure how much he gets into that topic.

Appreciate recommendations.
    Thanks,
    A
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

vitality101.com there are a lot of books as well as products. this dr is the one that started cfs and fms clinics around the us. good luck charlene
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Stormyskye's posts? She's been a member here for awhile, and she has lots of useful info on natural treatment. You could look up her post "The Road to Remission" which could be very helpful. I understand about the money part...we are on a "use insurance" basis....so we are limited in who we can see (our son has CFIDS). Best wishes...Terri
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Here are some titles I found on Amazon. Sorry; I can't tell you how good any of them are. No doubt some of them are a bit outdated. I often get books on CFS through interlibrary loan (most public libraries will do this for a very small fee--I pay about $2 for this service). All you need is the author and title.
    Jacob Teitlebaum's FROM FATIGUED TO FANTASTIC is the book that most people have read, but you might check out some of these other titles.

Kholmes

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Comprehensive Guide to Symptoms, Treatments, and Solving the Practical Problems of CFS by Gregg Charles Fisher, Paul R. Cheney, Nelson M. Gantz, and David C. Klonoff (Paperback - Aug 1, 1997)

The Fibromyalgia Nutrition Guide: Contains Valuable Dietary Guidelines, Recipes, and More for Overcoming Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Sydrome... by Mary Moeller and Joe M. Elrod (Paperback - Mar 1, 1999)

The Doctor's Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Understanding, Treating, and Living With Cfids by David Sheffield Bell (Paperback - Dec 1995)

Third Opinion: An International Resource Guide to Alternative Therapy Centers for Treating and Preventing Cancer, Arthritis, Diabetes, HIV/AIDS, MS, CFS, and Other Diseases by John M. Fink (Paperback - Aug 15, 2004)

21st Century Complete Medical Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Authoritative Government Documents, Clinical References, and Practical Information for Patients and Physicians (CD-ROM) by PM Medical Health News (CD-ROM - Mar 2004)

Hope and Help for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: The Official Guide of the Cfs/Cfids Network by Karyn Feiden (Paperback - Jan 1992)

The Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Cookbook: Delicious and Wellness Enhancing Recipes Created Especially for Cfs Sufferers by Mary Hale and Chris Miller (Paperback - Oct 1996)

Phytotherapy of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Evidence-Based and Potentially Useful Botanicals in the Treatment of Cfs by Roberto Patarca-Montero (Paperback - Jan 2001)
    See more references to CFS in this book.

[This Message was Edited on 08/18/2006]