Books

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrsfie, Sep 8, 2006.

1. mrsfie

mrsfie New Member

What are some of the best books you guys have read on Fibromyalgia and/or Myofascial Pain Syndrome? I'm newly diagnosed.

Sharon in St. Louis
  2. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

The first book I read after being diagnosed was "Fibromyalgia for Dummies". It is a good book to get all the basic information in everyday terminology.

Another good book is "The Fibromyalgia Advocate" by Devin J. Starlanyl, MD. I believe there is also a website for this doctor that has articles available.

Good luck,
    Kat
  3. mrsfie

mrsfie New Member

I'll look them up
  4. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

From Fatigued to Fantastic is a well written book. It has lots of easy to understand tips on what may help improve your symptoms.
  5. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

My favorite is "Fibromyalgia For Dummies" because it is very easy to read but there are some other great one's out there.

"Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain: A Survival Manual, 2nd Edition" Author: D.Starlanyl and

Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 7 Steps to Less Pain and More Energy, by Fred Friedbert.

Hope this helps.

carolin
  6. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

"Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain: A Survival Manual, 2nd Edition" Author: D.Starlanyl"

YES! I couldn't remember the name or author of this one when i posted but this is the one i was thinking of. It is definately worth the buy. Covers a wide range of fibro issues and is very helpful.