Boosting Your Immune System

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sparrowshell, Aug 13, 2006.

1. sparrowshell

sparrowshell New Member

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any good recommendations on what vitamins or herbal supplements I could be taking that would boost my immune system?

Thanks.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Jarro-Dophilus, colostrum, and undenatured when sold here all help with immune system function. There is a general transfer factor basic formula which helps too. I take the TF which target specific pathogens. Those train the immune system to recognize and kill those pathogens.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm hoping the new inversion table I bought will help with moving the lymphatic fluid and increase circulation. I have OA in my knees and, as much as I love the rebounder, my doc has discouraged it. I can run and jump in the swimming pool and get the same aerobic benefits without the stress on my knee joints, so I am going to start working out in the pool again.

With the Red Tide we had here for so long, I didn't want to do anything outside. I could barely breathe.

Love, Mikie
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Which specific pathogens are you targeting with your transfer factor?

I am trying to find a TF that targets mycoplasma and chlymidia pnuemonia. I read on Rich Carson's post that he takes TF to target those and other pathogens. Not sure which one I should take for the two above,

Can you help?

Anyone??
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

TF C targets chlamydia, along with Lyme, CMV, HHV-6 (B strain only) and EBV. I added TF 200 to target the more virulent A strain of HHV-6.

ProHealth has another website for physicians. I cannot remember the name of it. Call ProHealth on their 800 number to get the name of the website. There is a TF which targets mycoplasmas but it can only be purchased by physicians.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I did a search on these. The t factor are expensive! I will ask my Dr about the mycoplasma one next visit.

Thanks for your help!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/16/2006]
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The protocol is to use them for three months and then only pulse them for a couple of days every 4-6 weeks. So, the initial cost is high but after that, it isn't expensive.

The TF's cause a huge immune reaction for most of us. I could only tolerate opening the capsules and sprinkling a bit of the powder under my tongue for the first month. The Heparin injections which I took for three months were the only thing which caused a bigger immune reaction with swollen lymph nodes, headaches, and sore throat, plus, feeling like I had the flu. The Herxing which followed the immune reactions was also intense. This was after several years on ABX and AV's which had lowered the pathogen load. Of course, I had been sick for ten years with the mycoplasmas before I even started treating them, so I guess my body was rife with the little buggers.

I am a BIG fan of the TF's because they train the immune system to recognize and kill the pathogens. That, in my opinion, is why they produce such a large immune response. They may cause one to feel like hell for a while, but once the immune system makes a big kill, one feels so much better. Over time, the immune response and Herxing are less and less severe.

It was interesting to read that Rich Carson has used the TF's in his regimen.

Love, Mikie
  8. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

In the ProHealth catalogue is see TF Essentials 2000, formula 540 formula 560 or Transfer C or TF 100

which of these do you recommend. I am not feeling up to doing all the research myself right now. I'v CFS for about 1-2 years. When I get colds I get really sick (many more severe symptoms than before CFS) so was hoping to get my immune system as healthy as possible before the coming cold season. And if I understood you correctly you get sick at first taking these. Thanks for any input. Blessings Sally
    [This Message was Edited on 08/16/2006]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The TF Essentials is really a souped-up colostrum, designed to improve immune function but it doesn't target specific pathogens. If one doesn't know what chronic infections one has, it seems to me that the more pathogens the TF targets, the better. That is why I chose the TF C and TF 200, now called something else (you can call PH and they will tell you which TF is equivalent to the TF 200).

The common infections, in addition to mycoplasmas, are Lyme, EBV, CMV, chlamydia, and HHV-6. The TF C only targets the B strain of HHV-6 and that is why I added the TF 200, which targets both the A and B strains. It's the A strain which makes us sick.

The problem is that unless one undergoes expensive sensitive tests, it is easy to miss a stealth, chronic infection. Even after years of ABX and AV's, the TF's killed off something new in my system. My first couple of Herxes from the TF's was totally different. I've Herxed so long and so many times that I can tell whether a virus or bacteria, or both, is being killed off. When Herxing the first couple of times on the TF's, I felt as though a virus was being killed off but I also had the sensation of ashes in my body. I don't know any other way to describe it.

It's possible that was the HHV-6 being killed off. Most AV's don't touch HHV-6 and it's the most difficult virus to treat. I'm only speculating here; that's about all I can do. That said, however, I know the TF's are helping me as much, or more than, the AV's. I haven't tried the TF for mycoplasmas as the Doxy seems to have gotten it under control and when it does rear its ugly head, a short course of the Doxy seems to nip it in the bud.

There is no one answer for all of us when it comes to the TF's. You have to either be tested or cover as many bases as you can. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  10. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

Thank you for all this information. It is eaceedingly helpful and I appreicate all the effort.

What is AV Herxed Doxy?

If I understand correctly you suggest 3 months of TF C and TF 200 to try to wipe out bugs and boost immunse system. My insturance won't cover the tests so I am trying to do this myself.

I'm very concerned that I am going to catch lots of colds and flu this winter and want to help myself as best as I can.

Blessings, Sally
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can't really recommend for anyone else but I can tell you why I decided to take the TF C and TF 200; they covered all the most common pathogens which seem to go chronic in our systems, except the mycoplasma bacteria. I took Doxycycline (Doxy) for that for years. You can go to Dr. Garth Nicolson's website, Immed, to read more about it. If you call ProHealth's 800 number; they can tell you how to get the TF for mycoplasmas through your doc.

AV stands for antiviral. I took Famvir for a several years but it really didn't seem to work as well as the TF's. Herxing occurs when there is a large killoff of pathogens which turn toxic in the body before they can be excreted. Symptoms of Herxing can include extreme fatigue, headache, chilling, nausea, profuse foul smelling sweating, and diarrhea from hell. I Herx hard and fast and this usually only lasts 24-48 hrs. If Herxing gets too uncomfortable, one can cut back on meds or TF's; however, Herxing is evidence that the treatment is working. In rare cases, strong Herxing can cause a toxic-shock-like reaction, so it is wise to keep an eye on it.

Any treatment designed to kill pathogens usually has a period of taking the substance daily. Then, one pulses it off and on. With the Doxy, one takes it for six months straight and then goes off for two weeks and back on for six. If one cannot stay off for two weeks, one goes right back on it. Over time, one stays off of it for longer and longer periods.

With the TF's, some docs believe that three months straight on them is adequate to train the immune system. The immunity isn't permanent so one must pulse them for several days every four to six weeks. There are those who take the TF's on a continuing basis and believe it helps them to feel better.

Antivirals are taken for a period of time and then pulsed or just used when the stealth virus reactivates.

Each doc has his or her own ideas about the protocol. Most do believe in taking substances for a period of time and then pulsing. Pulsing keeps the pathogens, which are very adaptive, in a state of confusion. Otherwise, they may figure out ways around the meds and continue to operate beneath the radar of the immune system.

That is one reason I like the TF's so much. Instead of just killing or starving out the pathogens, they actually train the immune system to recognize the pathogens and go after them. This is a level above just killing them off.

I also like the Jarro-Dophilus, colostrum, and undenatured whey sold here. The boost the immune system. If one has an autoimmune disease, it is best to discuss with one's doc any treatment which revs up the immune system. In fact, it is wise to discuss all of these things with one's doc.

I hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  12. gracepartaker

gracepartaker New Member

Thank you for all this info. It is great. I will definitely check with my doctor. Thanks again for all of this,
    Blessings Sally
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I found with my docs that if I presented them with papers and articles from several experts/sources, highlighted the important parts, and annotated in the margins, it made a bigger impression on them and saved them time. I also emphasized that there were some really good potential benefits which greatly outweighed any potential risks. Docs are very risk averse these days and it helps to get them out of that mode.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie