Born without a face on Discovery Channel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ceili, Aug 10, 2005.

1. ceili

ceili New Member

Did anyone else see this tonight?

I swear I am in tears right now for this poor little girl who had to keep going thru surgeries, likely for the rest of her life.

I thought about my pain and illness and it is nothing.......nothing compared to the pain this wee babe experiences constantly.

While I hate the fact that I saw it, somehow, it made me realize that what I have is bearable.....I don't think if I remember this show that I will ever complain about pain or fatigue again. I will just deal with it as best I can without a word. :(
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I saw the show on TLC about the boy whose skin fell off who lived in the UK. His name was Jonny Kennedy (not sure about the spelling). It was a really sad show and in the end he died before the documentary was over. He was in his 30's.

If I can remember I'll check on the Discovery Channel to see if it comes back on. I wanted to watch the Rock Star: INXS show at 9 PM on CBS.

I could have taped the other show though.

Hugs,
    Faye
  3. nina2

nina2 New Member

It's gonna be another sleepless night for me so here I am on the boards instead of in bed.

Yes ceili, I did see the last half hour of it and I must tell you that I was reduced to tears.

I was amazed at what these parents had to go through , their strength and courage should be an inspiration to all.

I too felt as you do. I thank God everyday that I have what I have and not something so much worse than this.

I guess we do have something to be thankful for.

nina