Boss & co-workers Treating you Bad When come

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

back to work full time after FMLA?

All of a sudden I have to do this tracking form to show how many people I help in a day, phone calls and any other special info--as to why it took me "so long" to help a particular person. But I don't know of anyone else in the office having to do this.

Feel like everyone is watching me--& just ready to pounce on me if I do something wrong.

Any other similar problems?
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I used to do this before I was put on the disabled list and then fired for being out of work for more then 6 months. I did this to show my boss the amount of my workload as a lot of people questioned what I did all day while I was there. It also helped when review time came around and showed how much a person with my qualifications were needed at the facility that I worked at. I used to be a systems administrator.

By tracking what you are doing you are letting them know that you are trying to do your job, if it takes longer then it used to I would not be concerned about it, because you are attempting to do the work you did before and this needs to be taken into account when the time comes(If they decides to terminate your employment).

You should keep copies of these reports for your own records because they could assist you in documenting on how your illness has effected your ability to work should you decide to apply for SSDI.

Hopefully they will not terminate you because of not being able to preform your job as you did before you illness but this does happen in some working enviroments. I know if I would've been able to go back to work that is what would have happened to me after training an assistant to help complete all of the daily tasks that I used to do. The last time I spoke with the manger were I worked at, he told me they have 3 people doing the same job that I used to do. He told me he should have offered to double my salarry just to keep me there as things aren't working the way they used to. Not to mention that they have no idea of what these people are doing all day with there time because they don't doccument what they are doing on a daily basis.

Jake
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

your reply and insight. It is appreciated.