Boston Globe ArticleImagine Could Furnish Proof of Chronic Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shnopee, Dec 21, 2006.

1. shnopee

shnopee New Member

Hello Everyone -

First of all, let me just express my gratitude to everyone in this group and am so glad I found this site. I've been in a couple of other groups before this but never found this kind of level of information on the other groups. It is so comforting to find a group that really tries hard to find different ways of managing CFS/Fibro/CMP/etc and sharing it with everyone. The other groups that I belonged to, while I am sure it helps a lot of people, mostly was for venting and exchanging info on painkillers - while there is nothing wrong with that, I was hoping more for a group that discussed a good mix of modalities - alternative, supplementation, traditional ,etc. Thank you once again!

This article was in the front page of the Boston Globe 12/19/06 and thought might be of interest. Researchers have found that ongoing pain leaves a signature in the brain that can be detected using advanced imaging techniques and so people who experience unexplained pain can sometime in the future really prove that they are indeed in pain - cannot wait for this to happen. The article is in the Boston Globe website. Do a search on
    "chronic pain" and it's the first on the list of results.

Thanks!

P.S. I was going to just post the link of the article here since it wou;d've been much simpler but I seem to recall that you can't post links here - is that correct? If I can post links, I can go ahead and just post it if someone can clarify it for me.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

To my knowledge, links that benefit the poster are the only ones accepted. Links such as you wish to post would be a benefit to all of us. Please post the link. I could not find it when I searched as suggested. Thank you.
  3. KerryK

KerryK Member

Great article! Thankyou for the link.

The information supports my long held view that FMS/CMP are truly neurological conditions. I will go a step further and argue that the tender/trigger points are actually hot nerves in or just below the skin. There is some support for that in the article and from my own experience.

PS - I believe you can just copy the article into your posting.