BOTH: CFS,FM or BOTH: Making our posts more user friendly

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by findmind, Nov 11, 2006.

1. findmind

findmind New Member

I have a suggestion:

When we post, put whether you have FM, CFS, or BOTH first, then the Title of your post.

That way, people can pick and choose which posts they want to answer first, then maybe go back to others.

What do you think?

There's always hope!
    findmind
    p.s. Following my own suggestion, I just added BOTH to my Title! LOL, braindead
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

idea to me.
  3. NancyMystic

NancyMystic New Member

I've noticed you do that, and I appreciate it.

I think in fact it has caught on - many folks do this now.

I like it.

I have CFIDS/CFS/ME only, and I think there are treatments like drugs and exercises that may help Fibromyalgiacs, that are detrimental to CFSers.

Nancy
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I think that's a great idea. Now if I can just remember to do it!

Marta

Oops! See? Nasty CFIDS, some FM but not horrid
    [This Message was Edited on 11/12/2006]
  5. findmind

findmind New Member

I actually meant when you make an original posting, but carrying it over into replies is cool, too, thank you guys!

I don't make original posts much but will try to remember to follow my own suggestion, LOL!

Thanks for the support, maybe w could bump this once in a while until others catch on...and US! LOLFOF!

Later....
    BUMP for now, please.

findmind
  6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

That is a great idea, and really sweet of you to think of a way to make the board easier to read.

I will do it!

However, I don't think it's necessary for OT posts. I think the OT will suffice.

I already know to skip the OT ones. That helps me already to do that.

It's more important on posts that are about medical things.

Thanks!
    Forebearance
  7. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

i read on the last newsletter of rich carlson, that he wants to seperate this two FM and CFS, which i think is very important, to avoid confusion.
    karina
  8. kjfms

kjfms Member

The reason I do not post FMS is my user name kjfms -- fms is part of my username so it's obvious that I have FMS :)

I planned it that way and it has worked out pretty good after all...LOL

Thanks,

Karen (kjfms) :)
  9. b~kay~b

b~kay~b New Member

i will so try to remember to do this, i think its a great idea. when doing it, i have to slow down so many initials. lol i get confused lol
  10. kjfms

kjfms Member

and reread Stormyskye's post...LOL

My head is slow to day.

One does not paint oneself in a box of unawareness simply because one has FMS and not CFIDS.

Frankly it is slightly unfair and condescending to assume that one who has just FMS is unaware of other diseases wouldn't it?

If I misconstruing your statement I do apologize.

Just a thought,

Karen :)
  11. ksp56

ksp56 Member

compared to many other boards. This has now been declared a medical board, which in itself, should make it easier for all. It was the main reason for changes that came around.

Subjects, not pertaining to my Fibro/CFS, are very helpful. I don't need to know which of these DD's the poster deals with. I will read it, if interested, no matter. Many share similarities and haven't been diagnosed with the same illness, etc.

Posts, not thought to be realated to my fibro/cfs, have, in many cases, helped me the most.

This is my opinion, just as other's have theirs.

I was taken back, regarding the response to Stormyskyes message. I did not read anything which sounded condescending. She disagreed in a most respectful manner.

We all the right to opinions even when they vary from others. This is something we all need to be aware of.

Kim

[This Message was Edited on 11/20/2006]
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

There is such a huge overlap of symptoms... not only with whether one has strictly CFIDS or FM/ME but other related problems... like our ongoing discussions of migraines and sinusitis...

Now that this has reverted back to being a 'medical board' mainly related to CFIDS and FM/ME and all related problems, and we have a separate ChitChat Board for all the really off-topic stuff, I would truly hate to see them separated.

One possibility is to have a separate board for disability issues actually? They could possibly even take away the sinusitis board, if they need the 'room' on this site, as it hasn't gone past one page yet since its inception.

all the best,
    Victoria
  13. ksp56

ksp56 Member

It is a little confusing, with both Fibro and CFSD listed! LOL

I've learned that logic, doesn't mean understanding by others! Especially when our 'brain fog' moves in! LOL

Have a good day!
  14. findmind

findmind New Member

Geez, I just got back to this post and want you (and all others) know I really appreciate the input.

I agree with you stormy; I would not have learned as much about Lyme, esp., and its often being misdiagnosis as CFS without reading those postings!

Two heads are better than one...and we are so fortunate to have far more than that, right?

I think I'll put BOTH on mine, still, so others can read those if they want, but I encourage us all to try to educate ourselves about all the diagnoses mentioned here; lyme, heart, digestive, neuropathic, cognitive, and on and on.

I just made a boo-boo by posting about my moving across town, instead of using the chat board! I meant to make it a post about the courage one must draw upon in order to accomplish what others take for granted, and how courageous all here are in facing each day the best they can; however, I got carried away, LOL!

If we can find similarites on posts about other illnesses, all the better, so I do encourage all to try to check out those postings too!

Thanks so much for the "other head"!

Love you muchly,
    findmind
  15. kjfms

kjfms Member

My fault -- I did misconstrue your statement.

I have read it three times now and still got it wrong -- I quit.

I am just not comprehending things very well these days.

Again I do apologize when I am wrong I say so and in this case I am.

Take care,

16. ksp56

ksp56 Member

for all, including Stormyskye
  17. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you so much. Yes and I do believe it is the thing I hate most about these DDs.

Unfortunately at the moment mine is compounded by an unstable thyroid -- oh the joy.

It is a good thing that crow doesn't hurt me because I sure do eat a lot of it these days...LOL

Hey I can still laugh at myself -- all is not lost :)

Take care,