BOTH: Flu Mist.. Possible Alert?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI friends - there has been alot of talk lately on wether or not to get the flu shot with our already weak immune systems.

I do not get them. When I did I found I was so much sicker than when I did not. That is just what I am doing - not pushing my theory on anyone else.

I signed my 7 yr old son up for getting the FLU MIST that was adminstered thru his school. He has had a fever off and on for 1 1/2 weeks since.

My neighbors girl has had bladder infections in the past & had the flu mist. She is now suffering with Pneumonia (sp). Her DOCTOR SAID that the flu "shot" is a DEAD virus that is injected and the FLU "mist" is a LIVE virus that is inhaled. He attributes this to her having the flu mist and not being 100% healthy. He has been documenting so many of these cases of severe illness after children have been given the "mist".

I know everyone has there own opinion on this, I just wanted to let you know what he said. He is a very respected doctor in our area and is documenting all of these cases in the hopes that the "mist" will be "pulled off of the shelf".

Just wanted to give you the heads up, for whatever it is worth.

Kim
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kim:

I am glad you filled us in on this. I was wondering for a while about whether to get a flu shot/mist, etc.

I decided against it. Last year the flu passed my by and I hope it will again this year.

nyrofan