Both sea salt and Hg diet - question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jadibeler, Jul 27, 2003.

1. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I started using the sea salt and Water Cure last week and I'm making up my shopping list to start on the Hg diet (strict) on Aug. 1. PatPalmer's article on salt states that I should eat bananas or drink orange juice but both of them are forbidden on the Hg diet.

What do I do about this?

Also, is there an unsalted margarine out there? I don't like butter.

JoAnn
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Margerine is bad stuff. Butter is much better for us.

Love, Mikie
  3. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

I'm bumping this up because I really need to know what to do about this conflict - needing to eat bananas or OJ but not being able to due to Hg diet.

JoAnn
  4. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

margarine is bad, butter is good, but you can find good non-butter products in the health food stores that are not hydrogenated and include such things as soy and canola. I cannot tell you how they taste as I use real butter.

I'm not familiar with the Hg diet, but I can tell you its been stated time and again that we do better on high protein/low carb diets and that the glycemic index MATTERS. That being said, orange juice and bananas are a couple of the worst foods we can eat (highest g.i. numbers). If its potasssium you want, there are other foods that contain potassium, and instead of orange juice its better to eat a whole orange, since its g.i. number is lowerd due to the fiber you get in the whole version.

Annette