Botox for migraines

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tibbiecow, Mar 22, 2003.

1. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

Has anyone out there had botox injections for prevention of migraines? Has it worked? How about for TMJ problems? My masseter muscles go nuts with every migraine and I'm desperate-I was getting 4 or 5 migraines a week, in bed 3 or 4 days a week and pretty much disabled. (My fibro is pretty much gone, except for the occasional flare, thanks to guaifenesin and an exceptional rheumatologist). But my Neurologist was about to give up on me after three years and 13 different preventative drugs and combinations thereof. I've been on Topamax for 6 weeks and am quite a bit better, reduced the frequency and intensity of the migraines by 50 to 70% but the jaw still is bothering me.
    Rebecca
  2. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

heard of it, but only once & I don't know where. I'd look into it very further if I were you, although I do understand how you feel desparate. Good luck. dolsgirl
  3. kaths

kaths New Member

for four months, but migraines weren't affected at all. I was so disappointed. My doctor is a nationally known migraine researcher, who has had success with Botox in people nothing had helped. But then again Topamax put me in the hospital with shortness of breath; I had a whole cardio workup. I'm incredibly sensitive. Botox might work for your migraines and TMJ! Try it.

Blessings,
    Kathy