Bottled Water

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

can anyone please tell me if the magnesium, sodium and calcium found in bottled water are best at high rates or low rates??

I drink Evian but have been told their magnesium and calcium content are too high. I'm not sure if high is better for us or worse.

thanks

love
    Rosie
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Five more reasons to drink water

It gives you perfect skin. Water is needed to stop skin from drying out, plump out fine lines and wrinkles and prevent spots. Healthy skin is 70 per cent water - but it's always the last organ to benefit from the body's supply. Remember, a moisturiser can only lock in the moisture that's already there.

It reduces road rage. Driving a car in the city typically results in the loss of as much as half a litre of water an hour, according to the National Mineral Water Information Service: this can trigger emotional changes that lead to road rage

It gives you a great smile. Flouride added to tap water supplies provides extra strength and density to teeth and bones

It makes you brainier. An experiment at a school in Scotland found that pupils' test results improved when they drank water throughout the day

It replenishes your body's stores of minerals. The average natural spring water contains over 100mg calcium, needed for healthy teeth and bones - without the calorie content of dairy products! Popular bottled waters containing the highest mineral content include Evian, Perrier, Highland Spring and Ballygowan.
    Name: EVIAN

Country of Origin: FRANCE

TDS: 357

pH: 7.2

Altitude: 2500 FT

Discovery of Source: Very old

Along with San Pellegrino (from Italy) and Perrier, Evian is the most visible luxury water in the world. The source in Haute Savoie was discovered in 1789 by the Marquis de Lessert. Nitrates are acceptable at 3.8 milligrams per liter; other than that, there really is nothing exceptional in its chemistry besides the strong level of Silica, and low Sodium content. With its neutral 7.2 pH, Evian rolls along, providing a signature taste understood by few but enjoyed by many

Rosie ... have you read this about the Evian .. is that was is concerning you ?
    Fudge : )

3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

rosiebud:
    I know a gal who will only drink Evian. Many, many years ago I used to drink Perrier.

Now I boil my tap water, let it cool, then put it in the fridge.

I probably boil everything good from it, and some bad.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I drink Evian only. I have interstitial cystitis and CFS and I think it is aggrivated by an acidic body. Evian is one of the only few waters not to be acidic.
  5. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I have switched to Evian after having a flare with my IC. It is a little more money, but I think it tastes good and is a good PH.
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

FIJI water. I order directly from the company. It is the best of all bottled water or so say many people. Do a search of Goggle & you can get info.
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I think I'll stick with the Evian then, I've been drinking it for years but was told Highland Spring is better.

There's not a huge choice here in UK.

love
    Rosie