bottoming out and hypoglycemia..from newly diagnosed and confused

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mq, Sep 23, 2002.

1. mq

mq New Member

Sorry if I'm asking what everyone else already knows....I'm on hydrocorisone, nystatin, and am waiting for Dr. T's foundation formula to come to my healthy food store, I was doing some better, but felt bad and took 3hour naps this weekend. This am, I felt better, but by 11;30 I felt bad. Took another hydrocortisone, but I still feel like I've been up 24 hours.
    What am I doing wrong?
    And any hints on hypoglycemia would be great. Is it possible I'm not eating enough natural sugar in my attempt to avoid things?
    mq
  2. mq

mq New Member

Sorry if I'm asking what everyone else already knows....I'm on hydrocorisone, nystatin, and am waiting for Dr. T's foundation formula to come to my healthy food store, I was doing some better, but felt bad and took 3hour naps this weekend. This am, I felt better, but by 11;30 I felt bad. Took another hydrocortisone, but I still feel like I've been up 24 hours.
    What am I doing wrong?
    And any hints on hypoglycemia would be great. Is it possible I'm not eating enough natural sugar in my attempt to avoid things?
    mq
  3. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

What is the cause of your hypoglycemia? If you have diabetes then you may have to eat a little more, but that is best discussed with your doctor.
    In most cases you do not want to eat sugar with hypoglycemia. You usually want to eat low carbohydrate non processed foods instead. Hypoglycemia is often caused by an over reaction to sugar. Your sugar level goes up and then crashes down so that you may feel suddenly tired, spacy and hungry after eating. Low carbohydrate nonprocessed foods do not increase your sugar levels as quickly as foods with added sugar or refined white flours, which are mostly starch, therefore you are less apt to get a reaction from the hypoglycemia by eating the low carbohydrate nonprocessed food.
    It sounds like you are being treated for candida. That calls for an anti-sugar diet with low carbohydrate, nonprocessed foods. The beginning of candida treatment can be a hard time as your body readjusts itself. I find I have to eat a little more of these nonsugar foods to keep my energy up when I'm on this diet. Check with your doctor, especially if you have diabetes.

4. mq

mq New Member

I was checkd for that, lupus, MS etc before being diagnosed w/ hypoglycemia and CFS. I thought I was doing fairly good about no white flour, sugar or processed food (other than yogurt)...but maybe not well enough.
    thanks
    mqq
  5. nathan

nathan New Member

Hello, My hypoglycemia was terrible until I began eating more soy protein supplements throughout the day and taking 200-300mg of chromium piccolinate. It helps to stabilizes sugar levels. Good luck to you. I hope it becomes manageable, God Bless You, Peace, Nathan "the fibrokid"
  6. genevieve

genevieve New Member

Hi,

I found the same as Nathan that my hypoglycaemia got better when I started to take chromium picolynate.Also a good strengh of multivit/ mineral would help. My doctor said nuts were a good source of energy to take between meals and it seemed to work plus reduce the amount of refined carbohydrate and increase the complex whole grain carb.And reduce simple sugars cause they just give you a quick boost but then you feel drained.

Plus when I came off all the foods I was allergic to that helped also trying to remove chemicals I was allergic to. I used to react very badly to traffic fumes and just going for a 100 yard stroll would blooter me and I'd feel hypoglaecemic and I'd come back into the house, could n't speak cause brain not functioning and my husband would have to help me off with my coat, shoes, sit me down and get me something to eat to boost my blood sugar. So I think chemicals can effect it too.

With love,

Genevieve
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

On Syndrome X and Jaimy's post on coping (it's the one with so many replies). You can use the search engine to read all about the Syndrome X. It will bring up posts which have been pushed down to other pages.

Diet is really important to our illnesses because so many of us are hypoglycemic and many are insulin resistant, which can lead to Diabetes, strokes, and heart attacks. Managing insulin is being recognized, finally, as one of the most important factors in our health.

The Syndrome X, Suzanne Somers, and Atkins diets are good for people who are hypoglycemic and insulin resistant.

Love, Mikie
  8. gentlee

gentlee New Member

on Syndrome X? I've searched 'Syndrome X' but not found it.

Thanks
    Liz
  9. hope2002

hope2002 New Member

Dearest mq:

Trust me on this, o.k.? I know what I am talking about.

I know that people with your health problems see an Endocrinologist and have their thyroid tested.

IMPORTANT: Even if your doctor tells you this is "all in your head" OR.....that your thyroid tests came back NORMAL, you can NOT rely on that! MY doctor told ME the SAME THING!!

Listen to me carefully, PLEASE. Fibromyalgia and all the other health problems presented on this board is NOT the problem!!! All these diseases are SYMTOMS, not the REAL PROBLEM. I know.....I found out what the problem was! I am living proof!!!

If you want to get well and not suffer anymore, do what I did.....go to an Endocrinologist and have your thyroid tested, but make darn sure you have an RT3 test done! Let me know the results. That is.....let me know if it came back normal or not.

Even if your thyroid tests come back "normal", you could still have a condition called Wilson's Thyroid Syndrome which will NOT show up on a "normal" blood test. What you must DO is have an RT3 test run (this is done separately from your T3 and T4 regular blood test!!!) and have the doctor compare the RT3 and T3 levels and if they have been disturbed, then you have Wilson's Thyroid Syndrome, which causes Fibromyalgia and a lot of other things. I know....I went through all this and discovered the truth for myself!

Do it! You'll be glad and you can get well!

Hugs,
    Hope2002
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

Thanks for sharing!!!I'll ask for that test.I"ve only had the basic test for thyriod function.....and of coarse...Its normal.Alot of normal tests.......alot of not-so-normal symptoms!Thanks,I plan on doing a little research on the subject and see what I find.I did jot down your e-mail addy too.Take care,
    warm regards,
    Tracey
  11. mq

mq New Member

when I'm pg? Is it a script, or over the counter?
    thanks
    mq
  12. mq

mq New Member

Would taking the Armour thyroid take care of that. Dr. T's on-line eval recommended it, but I hadn't started that. Feeling better, but get hot flashes and alot of achying.
    thanks
    mq