Bottoms of my Feet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JP, Aug 14, 2003.

1. JP

JP New Member

are quite painful. It used to be limited to my morning hours, now it is persistant, 24/7. I have also noticed an increase in pain in my hands. That was more of a morning thing too. Is this part of FMS? I have a positive sed rate and ANA. Are there other chronic conditions with pain specific to hands and feet. I do have widespread pain...just wondering about the increase in the hands and feet.

Would love some feedback.

Thanks,
    Jan
  2. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I REALLY DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS , BUT I HAD TO ANSWER YOUR POST...... I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED W/ CFIDS..... POSSIBLE FMS..... & HAVE OTHER "FUN THINGS".... RELATED.... I DO HAVE EXTREME PAIN IN MY FEET.... OFTEN THE BOTTOMS FEEL LIKE SOMEONE TOOK A BASEBALL BAT & TRIED TO HIT SEVERAL " HOMERUNS " W/ THE BAT..... IT DOES GET WORSE IF I'M ON MY FEET.... I.E. WALKING..... I ALSO HAVE PAIN IN MY HANDS ,..... THUMBS SEEM TO BE THE WORST ON AVERAGE.... MORE OFTEN MY FEET & SOMETIMES MY HANDS FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ON FIRE..... DON'T KNOW IF THIS HELPS , BUT AT LEAST I'M A GOOD "STEER" & TRIED.....HOPE I DID'NT OFFEND..... MY APPROACH TO THESE DD'S. & LIFE IS MY SENSE OF HUMOR..... TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Yes, yes, yes! Crippling pain if I stand for more than a few minutes or walk very far. Both feet tingle and have numb spots at the same time.

A few years ago a podiatrist diagnosed planters faciitis. When at it's worst burning anti-inflammatories help some. They hurt to some degree all the time. Also have bone spurs on bottom of both heels and back of one heel. And tarsal tunnel syndrome in right ankle.

If I could get transplants I would (lol)!
  4. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I've always had some foot pain to some degree or another. I could never go barefoot, always have had to have something on my feet, even in the house.

I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis several years back & it's as if it never completely went away. It can be chronic. I also now have gout in my hands, wrists & feet. Increased ANA & urea & creatinine. Doc I saw in March (when I had insurance), also thinks I have RA, although the screening came back negative. My hands & wrists have incredible pain. I'm not convinced it's all gout. I have a swollen left index finger but the joints in the finger were completely normal on xray. My feet though do have the redness associated w/gout. My little dog barely touched one of the toes the other day & it was almost black-out type pain.

So, yes. I have hand & foot pain. dolsgirl
  5. JP

JP New Member

Billcamo, Susan07 and dolsgirl...

It looks like I am in good company. The assorted come and go symptoms are crazy making. I choose not to test these days. I hope I am not harming myself. The hand and feet thing has gotten really bad and is now persistant. I used to be able to calm my feet down about 1/2 way through the day. I do have a positive sed rate, ANA and a few other positive tests.

Thanks Again...Jan
  6. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Ache all the time and sometimes feels like I am walking on nails. My toes throb 24/7. I think I may have arthritis in my toes. My ankles hurt really bad, too and actually have been since I was a kid.
  7. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Are those footsie wootsie machines that they have at fairs, theme parks etc...best 25 cents spent.
  8. artisticweb42

artisticweb42 New Member

I was the one that posted the question titled "Does Anyone Have Heel Pain - Palntar Faciitis? The suggestions that were given were great.

Last night my heels and arches hurt so bad. I tried the massage suggestion. I massaged both feet for about 15 mins. Concentrating on the arch and the bottom of my heel. I could feel knots in the muscle/tendons of my arch and I concentrated on working those out. After I was finished I stood up and had very little pain! I was amazed. I thought well this is too good to last, I bet when I wake up in the morning they will hurt. They didn't! I have been suffering with this for a year. I was even to the point of my doc suggesting surgery. I can't put into words how happy I was to have found something that makes them feel better.

So I am going to continue with the massage and also the ice. Ice very very important.

I am convinced that the problem wiht my feet and the cause of my plantar faciitis is that my muscles tend to knot up. Does anyone else notice that? This would go for my feet as well and my calf muscles, not to mention all over. by them knotting up it shortens the muscle and pulls on any heel spurs or inflamation and makes the pain worse. Concentrating on lengthning those muscles I believe is the key for pain releif in the feet as well as all over the body.

Just my 2 cents. That is what I am going to try to do to feel better. I"m tired of feel 80 at 39 (had FMS since 29). I will let everyone know how it's working.

Bonnie
  9. wle

wle New Member

..............every other post I read today is screaming out my name. My feet are soooooooo sore and crampy. They feel just like you are going into one giant cramp but the cramp never happens - if that makes any sense. I work in an office and every time I got up today to go to the copier, etc. I was in pain. Can't wait to go home and elevate them. WLE
  10. Jillian40

Jillian40 New Member

Hello JP (and others with this THING)

Just a little thing to add to the other good feedback.
    I purchased a pair of shoes the other day that are now my NEW FAVORITES. They are a pair of Dr. Scholl's brand. THey are "clogs" with the upper piece in leather and the back heal area exposed/open. The best part is that they have extra padding all over the bottoms with most at the heal area and arch.

At work and home I keep a wooden foot massager under my
    desk(s). It has wooden rollers that I roll my foot over while typing. WHen my arch or heals are sore it helps a bunch. When I have numbness or sharp burning pain it isn't quite as good for this. The other thing I use under my desk is a hard rubber ball (dog toy) that I also roll my feet around on. I like this even better.

Also some massage therapists do Reflexology. When you do get a massage consider having the practitioner focus only on your feet and upper back/shoulders (or other specific focused area). I am going to consider going to a massage college and having a student massage (costs $25) here in 3 of the schools in Phoenix area. The massage combined with the relaxing music and essential oils relaxes me beyond belief. Though I am working a temporary job at the moment, and have taken a 50% pay cut, I think I have 3 friends who can spare $10 each, if I can just put my pride aside.

Hang In There, Be Creative, Look for Solutions . . .

Thanks for All of You for Your Ongoing Support, . . . Jillian

[ advertisement ]