Bought matress pad, OMG pain is DOWN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hi Everyone, I really wanted to share this with you because I can't BELIEVE how really really important deep sleep is for us FM'ers. I never realized it until I purchased this mattress pad a few weeks ago.

I was watching QVC (love that program) and they were advertising a Pedic Solutions majectic mattress topper for your bed. At first I was just watching to try to relax, but then there was something about this topper that was calling my name, LOL.

I decided to take the plunge and bought it for my bed. At $149.00, I was a little nervous to make the purchase.....................but so GLAD I DID.

The pain in my hips, low back, legs and all around general torso has diminished about 50%, maybe more.

I have posted a few times how I have this deep, horrible pain in my lower body, and upper body as well, unfortunately, but my hip pain on both sides were unbearable, would bring me to tears, make me moody and more depressed.

This mattress topper conforms to the body, cushions the hips, I sleep like a baby and I now realize how incredibly important sleep is for FM people, and all people in general, but expecially for us.

When I would wake up in the morning, before I bought this pad, I felt like a mack truck hit me, now I only feel like a bicycle hit me, LOL. I am very happy with this purchase and it was worth the money I spent.

I just wanted to share this with you. I do also take 500 milligrams of Magnesium Glycinate, which has always helped me FALL asleep, but I still woke up with horrible FM morning pain, this pad has helped me so much. I just wanted to share in case anyone has ever thought of buying one, but just figured that NOTHING would guarantees, but it may just work for some of you out there. Happy least a little.....finally. Hugs to all, Chelz.
  2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I looked on the QVC website and they had several different toppers. Which one did you buy? There are some that are 3 inches and some that are less thick.

I have a birthday coming up and this would be a good gift to give myself! I have lots of FM pain when I wake up. Sometimes have to get up and take pain meds, then go back to bed. GB66
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

is this memory foam?
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Just checked QVC hoping I could find you info.

There are many with great rating's from this company. I looked at the Pedic Solution's Geocomfort Memory Foam (both foam and poly-something) and was 2.5 inches in height. The number for the bed is H182338. the cost is $132.73 plus S&H. It also has a cover.

I think you could put it under or over sheets. My choice would be under.

Not sure this is the right one, but was comprable.

Take care..

5. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I have used a 3" memory foam topper from Costco for 4 yrs and it still is like falling into a cloud everynight. It cost about the same amount. I really got my money's worth and wouldn't hesitate to tell patients to try this to ease pain and increase sound sleep. It is wonderful not to be woken up by trigger points that are blaring with pain.

As for under or over sheets, definitely under the sheet. Get deep pocket sheets and you will have no problems. Now that there are so many mattresses out there with toppers built into them, sheet makers standard sheets often will fit over your regular mattress and topper.

So happy you are getting relief from your pain! Hugs, MicheleK
  6. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I am sorry I did not give full information about this topper, but I have my receipt in front of me and will type out the exact name, item number and price.

It is calld PedicSolutions Majestic FL 3" memory Foam mattress topper. The item number is H197062. I don't know if the price will be the same though because it might have been a "Today's Speical" I can't remember right now.

I did read the reviews on the topper, but I read them after I bought the topper. my bad. Usually, I am so skeptical about everything and I will read reviews before I make a purchase, but I just went to the phone and did an automatic order and was done in a few minutes.

This topper doesn't just "lay" on top of the bed, it wraps around the corners of the bed just like a fitted sheet would, so it does not move around like other toppers do. The reviews were good when I finally did read them, which made me feel better about the purchase.

The topper is memory foam, but there are so many "memory foam" products out there, that I don't know how this one differs from the rest. All the information about beds and toppers and pillow toppers, memory, latex foam, it can get very confusing as to which one to buy, or which one would work best for an individual body.

I think there are two inch toppers once again.....there are so many varieties. One thing I will say is that the 3 inch topper is pretty plushy and it makes your bed look kinda big, but if you can get over that, it works well for me.

I have a Serta mattress which is okay, but this topper was the cream of the crop for me. Good luck :) Hugs, Chelz.

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If you don't like the products, you have 30 days to return them and only pay for the S&H.

ProHealth sells a "Cuddle Ewe" wool mattress pad and other products and those who have tried them seem to love them.

I have a pillow top mattress and probably wouldn't buy another one. It can't be flipped; it has to be turned. It's a king so I can turn it 1/4 of a turn each time because king size mattresses are almost square. That way, I sleep across the mattress half the time and no permanent indents form. Still, I think being able to flip a mattress is better. If I put a mattress pad on top of the pillow top, I would not be able to get sheets over it. I have a quilted mattress protecter but not a puffy cover.

Whatever gives us better sleep is a HUGE benefit.

Love, Mikie
  8. Jittle

Jittle Member

I loved how you explained how you feel..... like a mack truck hitting you, and now only a bicycle. That is exact phrase I say (lol), and unfortunaly how I feel in the morning. Glad you found something that works. Hopefully one day I will have the money to try the product... sounds great.

9. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

A very good price. Yes.....big difference from what I felt like before......but still have pain and stiffness in the mornings.

With the pillow top mattress, regular mattress pad, plus the 4" added my bed is pretty high. Good thing I can still climb up on it. have to look for bottom sheets that are deeper to accommodate the added foam.
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I do buy the 20" pocket bottom sheets. If I were to add another pad to the pillowtop, I don't think even the 20" sheets would fit. They barely fit as it is, another reason I wouldn't do a pillowtop again.

BTW, I slightly edited the title to your post. We are not supposed to post the URL's for commercial websites. It's OK to post the name of the place but not the full URL.

Love, Mikie
  11. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

That is one thing I get irritated with about my memory foam topper. If you do not have a very tight sheet it does shift around. You can tell which side I get out of bed on because the pad moves over that way. So I really like the idea of this product that wraps around and solves this issue. I will be checking it out when I need a new topper. Thank you for sharing that fact. It sets the product apart from others.

Hugs, MicheleK