Bought pills called "Wake Up" Pills they are helping me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, May 20, 2006.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

I am on provigal, well here in Canada they are called (Alertec) but I don't see to much of a difference, even though I am up to 200mg everyday. I went to the drug store the other day and looked on the shelf, I found a box of pills called "Wake Up"... I right away thought, what a gimic, but what the hell, I've tried everything else, so I bought them (5.99)..I started to take 2 or 3 everyday with the provigal every morning, and Yes!! I am starting to feel a bit more energy. It says so many mg of caffine, but if that is what is takes to get me going, I have to have it. I am getting so depressed laying around unable to do a dam thing. So far so good, I'm not giving them up for nothing...and sometimes lately I take one during the day too. All of our pills have side affects, but if this is going to get me going, then I'll accept the side affects, which are a little jittery....to me anything is better than depression because you have no energy to do a thing....
    Sharon5650 I have both fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue
  2. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

3. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

be sure and read " Progress Notes " by Spiritsky , who is finding amino acids helpful .

You might also want to google "The Way Up From Down"
    Priscilla Slagle MD amino acids . You will find a site that gives helpful info about how aminos can help with mood and alertness and even pain.

I started aminos four days ago , and I am gradually feeling more alert and awake . I have been struglling with grogginess and fog terribly . I am taking an amino acid combo ( always as Dr Slagle says WITH B 6 !!)
    and extra Phenylalinine and tyrosine I am SLOWLY raising the dose to avoid weird reactions . So far , I really think the aminos are making a good difference .

Check this out and see what you think . I agree with you that it is so DEPRESSING to not be able to be able to do anything at all. I do not have more energy exactly, but I am not feeling half asleep constantly .
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

What is a good one to try?
  5. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

is reliable . Another person here has had MAJOR improvement with NOW chewable amino acid wafers . She did say, however, that they do not taste good . But she feels much better !

Out of desperation , I bought a bottle of ( plastic) of
    Amino Fuel by Twin Lab . It is a liquid and has VIT B6 comined with various aminos , and it does not taste horrible . ( it's tolerable ) . According to Dr Slagle and other docs, the aminos need to be taken ALWAYS WITH
    VIT B 6 .

I am also taking extra tyrosine and phenylalinine (500 mg each) daily . It takes two weeks to get the full effect, but after a few days , my brain fog is noticeably improved , and I am not so sleepy and groggy all of the time.

I think it is best to go slow with the phenylalinine , as it can make some folks agitated . So far , it is helping me . Others here have posted taking 1000 mg tyrosine and phenyalinine daily , along with a combo of the basic aminos, with good results .
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

is reliable . Another person here has had MAJOR improvement with NOW chewable amino acid wafers . She did say, however, that they do not taste good . But she feels much better !

Amino Fuel by Twin Lab . It is a liquid and has VIT B6 comined with various aminos , and it does not taste horrible . ( it's tolerable ) . According to Dr Slagle and other docs, the aminos need to be taken ALWAYS WITH
    VIT B 6 .

I am also taking extra tyrosine and phenylalinine (500 mg each) daily . It takes two weeks to get the full effect, but after a few days , my brain fog is noticeably improved , and I am not so sleepy and groggy all of the time.

I think it is best to go slow with the phenylalinine , as it can make some folks agitated . So far , it is helping me . Others here have posted taking 1000 mg tyrosine and phenyalinine daily , along with a combo of the basic aminos, with good results .
  7. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

VIT B 6 .

8. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

There is also an herb called guarana ( I think GNC sells it) that is like caffeine . It is also inexpensive.

It sounds like you really might find the tyrosine and
    phenylalinine helpful .
  9. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member