Bought Some Tennis Balls Last Night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TxSongBird, May 15, 2006.

1. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I had heard from someone on this board that using the tennis balls to lean up against to work out the pain in the back where you can't reach. I tried this last night and boy does it feel good to get right on that trigger point. My Fibro cane should be here any day and I will use it too.

TxSongBird
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

That's a good idea.

Just don't trip over the net.
  3. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

My husband has been having problems with his shoulder lately and his doctor recommended these and it has helped him.Hey if it works why not.
  4. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I find laying on them or putting them behind your shoulder blade area up against the wall and rolling them around is very soothing.

TxSongBird
  5. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I have used the tennis balls all over for years now. They worked great for me during labor too. My husband would roll them on my back.

I now put mine under my foot while I sit at the computer. I just use my foot to roll it...keeps the blood from pooling in feet. If you sit at a desk all day, this works!

jenni
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

I have used the tennis balls! and they do make a difference!!................................one of my girls made me a big ball made out of rubberbands! It also works really good to relieve pressure points!.....................we just went to the dollar store and bought a big bag of rubber bands...........................! anything to help us feel better!..........................................sisland
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I have this great mental pic of my DH using the balls on his back and the dogs climbing the wall beside him trying to get them!

I'm gonna have him try that.

Hugs,
    Greenbean
  8. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

If you are too sore to use a tennis ball, start with a small inflated rubber/plastic ball.
  9. lmmillion

lmmillion New Member

I used to use the tennis balls when I had a bad headache. You lay down on the floor and place the tennis balls at the base of your head, where the bone is. Actually, place the balls right under the bone. The pressure from the tennis balls relieves the headache. Thanks for the reminder.
  10. tennis balls really do help, it just looks funny to someone seeing you rolling on the wall. It helps the shoulders and the back. Sometimes I just press up against the wall and the ball and put pressure on and it hurts like he@@ but sure helps.