Bowen technique

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Windstorm, May 28, 2003.

1. Windstorm

Windstorm New Member

Does anyone know how I can locate a Bowen practitioner in my area?
  2. DianeJones

DianeJones New Member

I don't know where you are located.

Bowen has helped my fibromyalgia tremendously. I live near San Francisco and see Jim Shilleto in Berkeley, California.

Below is a link that lists *some* of the Bowen practitioners.

http://bowendirectory.com/?p=3

I highly recommend giving Bowen a try. I'm a Certified Massage Therapist and no other bodywork has been as effective as Bowen for my fibromyalgia pain.

Diane Jones diane264@ix.netcom.com
  3. dhell

dhell New Member

I suffer from f'ia too and am a massage therapist --i also live in australia where i trained in bowen techniques(Bowen was a guy from geelong in Victoria). However, Bowen can be overpowering and bring on a relapse especially in the initial phases of treatment. It can lay you low for a few days.The good thing about bowen for f'ia sufferers is that it is not physically demanding to do if one became a masseur. I find that simple feldenkrais exercises can be as (and even more)effective as bowen in the way of realignment and pain managemnt...but really all these somatic therapies are much of a muchness. just pick the one you like and prefer...and can afford. the problem with massage is that it makes you passive whereas other approaches -- like tai chi and feldenkrais encourage you to be actively involved. laso being pasively masaged sdoesn't teach your brain any means to take control over your body.

dave riley
    brisbane