Bowersox Protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen102, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

Someone posted about the Bowersox Protocol and said it had helped them. I looked it up and it appears there is a "kit" for sale with supplements and homeopathics. Is anyone acquainted with this product and do you know what the supplements are and which homeopathics are used? The original post and my post asking what was in the kit are now gone--I hope I didn't do something wrong--i just wanted to know what was in it. I have had good success with homeopathics for medical issues in our family--like colds, fevers, etc., but nothing for CFS/FMS. thanks for any info anyone can provide. Jen
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

I'm sure you didn't do a thing wrong. The post was most likely deleted because the poster was questionable.

Whenever you see someone post that they have been "CURED" from CFS/FM, it should send up a red flag. Also, that was the first post for that individual and no bio information. That doesn't necessarily mean anything bad, but when you add that to the "CURE" thing ... it doesn't look good.

Lastly, that poster published a website address that is agaist the guidelines here. You can post url's to information sites only. There cannot be anything on the website that sells anything ... or makes a profit.

The goal is to protect us from any unsavory characters who want to prey on us and take advantage of our sometimes desperation.

I looked up the website but only long enough to see it had some pretty strong claims and plenty of stuff to sell. I haven't heard of him before, so I would tread carefully.

Unless I miss my guess, that individual was only looking to make a buck off of us.

Take care,

Elsa

3. mistyd96

mistyd96 New Member

He is a doctor in Ohio. My mom was a patient of his many years ago.....before he got into the Fibro/Chronic Fatigue in a big way. He is well known in the Cleveland, Ohio area. My mom wants me to go home to visit with her and to try to get in to see him. If I do, I will post about my experience. I have also been to his site, but didn't really read much as it was so commercial, it gave me doubts.

Misty
  4. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

i am skeptical about buying something where they don't say what the ingredients are. i am sensitive to too many things so don't want to invest in something i know i will react to adversely. yet i am always open to new ideas and i have had good results with homeopathics for other things--i always am hopeful there is a magic bullet. i understand the skepticism about the poster and the message. apparently no one here has used the product. maybe they're all healed and out living life to the fullest (being sarcastic). thanks for your input all. Jen