Boy am I in trouble

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mykas_mommy, May 14, 2006.

1. mykas_mommy

mykas_mommy New Member

I have been feeling great. Got my effexor level to where I can function. I take my night meds like I am suppose to but I am still tired all the time. Have had no pain in 3 weeks except for headaches which is better than the alternative.

So knowing all that, I went and REALLY REALLY overdid it today. I mowed my moms yard, and helped plant flowers in her front yard. I am sunburned, my butt hurts from sitting on the ground for hours, and I am in some pretty good pain. I so badly want to take 2 pain pills and a muscle relaxer but its also bed time and time to take my neurotin and amitryptoline. What would you do? If I take all that will I wake up? If I dont take the pain meds and muscle relaxer will I be able to get out of bed in the morning? I cant miss work since my job is on the line.

Some one tell me what you would do please!!!!
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Take a hot epson salts bath, then pain pill, neuronton and amitryptiline and go to bed. You'll be ok, you'll wake up just fine....

Maybe you could pack an ice bag to take to work, to use just in case...

Take it easy for a few days, and don't ever overdo it like that again!

Shame on you....10 lashes with a wet noodle..

But sure hope you enjoyed your day!LOL

Hugs,
    findmind
  3. gladone

gladone New Member

I'm not a doctor here so this info is strickly opinion.

I would say ice yourself down if you think your muscles are over worked. Then depending on what bed time is I would take 1 pain pill and 1/2-1 muscle relaxer (depending on strength). Then wait 1-2 hours and take your other meds and go to bed.

Then, I would make sure you have water and your pain med./muscle relaxers by your bed. Because when you wake up in the morning you are goin to really not like your body.

Hope you rest easy and have a good Monday,
    Gladone
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I used to do that all the time. When we are feeling better, it is sooooo easy to forget the consequences of overdoing. As you know, what is pretty normal for everyone else is overdoing for us.

You may have a couple of rough days but hopefully not. If you can try the epsom salt bath it might help relax your muscles.

Let us know how you are doing....
    [This Message was Edited on 05/14/2006]