Boyfriend doesn't understand

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by OneClassyMiss, Feb 9, 2006.

1. OneClassyMiss

OneClassyMiss New Member

Hello, I am new to this board, coming here for support for CFS.

My boyfriend doesn't understand how someone can sleep so much and be so tired all the time that all they think about is when they can go back to sleep. He complained one day that he was so tired and felt so weak and couldn't get anything done because of his fatigue. I said to him "that is how I live every day. That is how I feel every day." But he still doesn't understand :(

Kelly
  2. babycakes01

babycakes01 New Member

My fiance was the same way. It takes people a while to understand what we go through everyday. They think that we are just complaining. It will get better so hang in there. Let me know if you need to talk.

3. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

Welcome to the board!!

Don't feel alone. I have been married for 41 years, and my husband knows me inside and out. But........he has the hardest time understanding FM. At times I really think he feels like I'm making too much of it.

I wish I had some wise words for you. Maybe your boyfriend will "catch on". If he doesn't, be prepared to always be defending yourself!

It's so hard for someone to know how bad we feel when we look ok.

Your friend,

Kinsie
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

If he deserves you he will read any info you give him. Try searching on the Letter for normals on this site and you can modify it! My husband really got it when he went to my first FFC appt with me and the dr put the whole thing in scientific terms. Men don't process info the same way we do.

Don't have the expetation that anyone will fully understand. Just as I can never fathom the pain of losing a child because I haven't experienced it. You are in a special club and every one here gets you!

I would cut him some slack as long as he tries to understand and supports you. Men want to solve problems and you have a problem he can't solve. This may be frustrating for him!

Lastly let him come to the board and read some of the posts and post himself if he wants to!

Take Care Lynn