Boyfriend offered to mop the floor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Jul 9, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

so I let him. He was afraid I would mess my low back up again. He knows mopping is hard on me, but has never offered to mop it. I let him have at it. When he got finished he propped the mop up beside himself and said I've got to sit down, "I'm tired and hot." He said it does hurt your back to mop don't it? I just looked at him and grinned and said yeap it sure does. Anyway, I think this was a good learning experience for him to know how tough it can be to just mop. Thought I would share with you guys.
    Hopefully, I have gained a cleaning helper. YEEEEEEEEA!!!!!

KRIKET
  2. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

mop all of my floors! :)

Tell him he gets a gold star for helping out.
  3. kriket

kriket New Member

I just read your responses to him. He is propped up in the bed watching tv. He grinned and was happy about getting a gold star!!!

Kriket
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

How did you manage to get him to do that? My husband would never ever do it, haha! Way to go!!!!! Mopping does kill your back! I did manage to mop my kitchen yesterday:)

Take Care!
    Kellyann
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Good question!!! I just injured my low back last week cleaning my dad's house. I hurt it pretty bad and am just getting over it. I think he was afraid that I was gonna hurt myself again. He dosen't want me down cause then I could not take of him. LOL I dunno!!! Just a thought.
  6. tonakay

tonakay New Member

if he cleans the toilet! LOL Bet it don't happen.... never could understand why the guys make all the toilet messes and we get stuck cleaning them... oh well at least you got him to mop the floor for you that a great big step!!!

Hugz,
    Tona
  7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Woo Hoo for the boyfriend mopping!

I agree, it is best they do some of the things WE do.
    Let them feel how it affects their normal body.

Then we can say, now imagine how it hurts ME when I try to do it.

I hope he keeps helping you !
  8. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

It's nice that your boyfriend took the initiative to mop.

Many men don't know 'how' to clean - the women in their lives have always done it for them. It's a shame.

My partner and I have been together 17 years. When we first moved in together, he didn't have a clue. He wasn't lazy or chauvinistic he just honestly did not 'see' dirt.

He said he wanted to do his share of the housework but didn't know where to start. For the longest time I had to ask him to do specific tasks because he would never notice if certain things needed to get done.

Bit by bit he's come to know what needs to be done. He does his share now (and sometimes when my FM is at it's worse, more than his share).

My women friends often tell me how fortunate I am to have such a nice and helpful guy and I tell them he didn't come out of the box that way. I am fortunate, though, because many men would not be interested in learning to keep house.

My guys a keeper and yours too by the sound of it.

God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Haha!
    I loved that were someone said tell him it hurt your back to do the dishes too!

My husband doesn't clean up anything, never ever! He does pick up his own dirty clothes to put in the hamper, that is it. But, he does not gripe if I get too sick to clean the house either. Although I do try very hard to keep up with it. He doesn't gripe if I am too sick to cook dinner which is most of the time. Poor thing, I know.

Well, enjoy your clean floor, it won't last long, hehe!

God Bless You!
    Kellyann
  10. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Maybe if we raise our boys to
    do this kind of stuff daily as their chores, they will grow up to be wonderful husbands that see it natural to do those kind of things in the home.

But for that, they have to see their daddies do it, they don't do what we say, they do what we do!

[This Message was Edited on 07/10/2006]
  11. kriket

kriket New Member

All of your responses were so funny. I read all of them to him. Although, someone mentioned that their wife changed the oil in the car. BIG MISTAKE TO LET THAT ONE SLIP OUT BEFORE I READ IT MYSELF. My b/f is a car mechanic. When he heard that, it put a dangerous thought in his head. No way am I gonna change the oil to see what it's like. At least with mopping you stay clean and don't get all greasy. I'm sure I will be reminded of that one ABOUT CHANGING THE OIL.

KRIKET
    [This Message was Edited on 07/10/2006]