bra allergy or chlorella allergy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hunterwillow, Nov 18, 2005.

1. hunterwillow

hunterwillow New Member

A couple of days ago I got an itchy rash on the outside of my breasts(where they rub my arms)and in the bra area. Now its spreading to my back, belly, and a few bumps up to my neck and down to my hips. I have worn the 18 hour type bra for years. I know it has a lot of elastic (rubber & latex) and that might be the cause. I started to wear a different brand underwire bra with less elastic. So far it hasn't helped. I've also went without as much as I can, but I'm large breasted, very self-consious, and it would kill me to go without a bra. Very uncomfortable, especially when sweating. Heavy breast are painful without support. (and saggy).

I also have started taking chlorella(supplement) right before I broke out. (I stopped that as soon as the rash appeared) I haven't changed anything else. Same fabric softener, deodorant etc.

Anyone out there allergic to bras? Or chlorella?
    I'm so itchy. Also, does scratching spread the rash?
    [This Message was Edited on 11/18/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/18/2005]
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

interesting. You could try using talcum powder on the areas, or using benadryl cream to stop the itching. I would not have the problem of going braless, as I am NOT "build like a brick****house"
  3. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

I started to have a reaction to my bras that have that ANNOYING gel like lining grip in them. I'll never understand why any bra but a strapless really needs grips for extra support, but out of know where I started breaking out in blisters and rash after having worn that type for many years.

Like you, braless isn't even on the list of options for me - but unfortunately I'm still yet to find one that serves it's purpose and is comfortable!

Goodluck

~Amanda
  4. hunterwillow

hunterwillow New Member

Thanks for everyones input. It probably is the bra. I wish it was the supplement instead. That would be easier to fix. Does anyone know if rashes like this spread past the offensive irritant?

5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

If it's that, then the bra area is the most constricting and your most tender skin would be more susceptible.

I've had many allergies that came out of the blue after years of normal use. Fabric softener was one of the first. The high contact and tender areas are the m ost likely to rash. I didn't get a rash everywhere either.

Jeanne
  6. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I am allergic to the elastic in most underwear. I am okay with Bali's 100% nylon bra called Double Support (wirefree). So far it's one of the few I've found that I don't react to. I tolerate a couple of Victoria's Secret bras but don't like to use underwires.

Are you sensitive to balloons or rubber bands? That's usually one of the first signs of a latex allergy along with underwear reactions. There are several sites that help latex-sensitive people find clothing.

Jan
  7. tejanya

tejanya New Member

mine sometimes leave a red mark where parts of it touch me. sometimes it is a red line. it comes from the plastic, nylon or something. i wear victoria secret. still have the problem some. not because it is to tight, it just happens to be one of the many perks of fibro. yeah. bali is good also.
  8. shep

shep New Member

I too have had to deal with this problem. Under my breast and around where the elastic touches my skin. I am large also and when I would sweat it would get worse.
    To clear up the rash, my doctor told me to spray it with "a fungal spray for jock itch" no kidding. It really helped. Then I switched to sports bras.
    Hope you are better.
  9. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I, too, am large breasted and I don't wear bras anymore. I have frequent yeast infections due to having diabetes. I use the jock itch yeast cream, store brand, and it works great for me.

Hugs,
    Faye