Bra Alternative ... AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pastorwife, Feb 23, 2010.

1. pastorwife

pastorwife Member

Finally after YEARS of not wearing a bra due to pain, I stumbled across this at Walmart. It's a cami by Sweet Nothings for "everyday control". It has the shape in the fabric of cups but no elastic or wires. It is spandex and forms to your body...including boobs. Very supportive and no pressure around ribcage where I have pain. So comfy! If you get one, try it on first. I bought a large which is my usual size. Should have gotten an ex-large as it has pressure around my upper abdomen, but for me it's tolerable as that is not a sensitive area for me. I've tried so many bras that swear they are comfy but just put them away in a drawer for 'someday' when I can tolerate them. Gotta try! And, please, try it on so you know if it has pressure in areas that you can't stand.

Excuse me if someone else has posted this before. I haven't been on here for months and don't have the energy to search for other posts.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

thanks for info. My ribs kill me especially on right side. So will try to ck this out.

hope you feel better
  3. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I like you have trouble with regular bras and well they are pure torture!I bought two of these before christmas and I just love them, so comfy. I did buy a size 2x and im not that big but this is size just feels the best for me.I wonder if I will be able to tolerate them in the summer tho as they may be hot. will just have to wait and see but for now im just enjoying the comfort. God Bless All
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I will make this short as I am running to Walmart. Now!!

5. Judah

Judah New Member

I know how bad it can hurt in those intercostal (between the ribs) muscles. They can make you feel so miserable, even making it hard to breath. And the pain seems to come from an area other than where it is really located. What I do is carry out a search by pressing between the ribs, even quite far around, going onto my back. Usually there is an exquisitely sore spot to be found. Then I give it a good pummeling. It can really hurt while you do this, but don't worry it will soon feel better. You may have to do it a few times until the pain subsides.

This method of dealing with pain in the ribs has worked so well for me. Hope it works for you.
  6. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

I can not stand wearing a bra it makes me crazy. I will definately try this one.
  7. Juloo

Juloo Member

I remembered your post today when I was at Walmart getting cleaning stuff. Picked one up for me -- thanks for the recommendation!