Brain dead after exercise session. Remedies?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deliarose, Aug 10, 2008.

1. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I have been feeling exceptionally brain dead since I went to the gym about 5 days ago.

It's very disturbing. The only thing that seems to help is an electrolyte drink.

I was careful only to do anaerobic activity.. weights & I didn't exert myself too much.. so I'm surprised it set me back so much.

Anything I can do to prevent more brain cells being lost?

2. scott66

scott66 New Member

Try glucose tablets. They kinda energize me. Right after my walk..
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

drinking coke.. that hasn't helped.
    It's day 5 or 6 of this.. & I am very concerned...
  4. stschn

stschn New Member

I have been told to do deep breathing. In thru the nose for 3 seconds then out thru the mouth for 3. Do this 10 times after each anaerobic exercise and heres the kicker-do not exercise for more than 10 minutes. Also we need to remember that walking is a aerobic activity so it migh be best to cancell the gym membership. Do your anaerobic exercise laying down not standing. We often think we are not exerting ourselfs when in reality we are. The heartrate monitor which I wear daily helps we know what is going on. Light exercise is 90 to 100 I can jump to 106 just by standing up from a chair and anything over 100 and I'm in trouble again and if I keep it under 90 I spend less time flat and more time enjoying what little I can do. Joyce
  5. Honora88

Honora88 Member

Rest and don't overexert yourself next time. Excercise should be handled very carefully with slow gradual progression