Brain fog -- does anything work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Emily33, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Emily33

Emily33 New Member

Hi, I have CFS and am having a real struggle with this symptom and fatigue. Has anyone who had "brain fog", difficulty seeing, thinking clearly, concentrating, etc. beat this by some kind of treatment? The doctor I have now didn't want to give me antibiotics, but just gave me Valtrex which doesn't seem to make me any better or worse. My recent lab tests were EBV positive, but the doctor didn't test for mycoplasma and I am wondering if this might be what causes this symptom. Anyone successful in beating back the "brain fog?" Thanks!!
  2. Emily33

Emily33 New Member

Hi, I have CFS and am having a real struggle with this symptom and fatigue. Has anyone who had "brain fog", difficulty seeing, thinking clearly, concentrating, etc. beat this by some kind of treatment? The doctor I have now didn't want to give me antibiotics, but just gave me Valtrex which doesn't seem to make me any better or worse. My recent lab tests were EBV positive, but the doctor didn't test for mycoplasma and I am wondering if this might be what causes this symptom. Anyone successful in beating back the "brain fog?" Thanks!!
  3. sb439

sb439 New Member

Hi emily, when I got badly CFIDS-ill a couple of years ago, I finally took: vitamin b-complex 100 (i.e. all the b vitamins in megadoses), a good multi-vitamin-and-minerals, 500 mg phenylalanine and 500 mg vit C, and within a week my brainfog disappeared, and has not reappeared. I don't know which of the things did it, or if any, but I've kept to this regime ever since. (phenylalanine down to 250mg)
    Remember though that different things help for different people, so wait for what others on the list tell you.
    hugs,
    Susanne
  4. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

too often, doesn't it? If you have FMS, probably a certain amount will crop up from time to time. My guess is that we adjust to it and get by pretty well. Key questions: are you getting adequate deep sleep? Do you take meds that are sedating? Your doc can perhaps help you adjust the med's dosage,etc. It really is a bother, isn't it? Say, who are you and more importantly, who am I? :) Al
  5. herblady

herblady New Member

i tried sam e for a month. it really did help. but if you are manic depressive, don't take it. it's such a good mood lifter it will make you manic. it made me hypomanic but i recognized it in time and went off the sam e. a shame because it really helped my thinking and memory. cindi
  6. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Royal Bee Jelly helped me with the brain fog. Also, an IV drip of a cephalosporan or something like that antibiotic, I think it was like a liquid Keflex they gave me at the time. All I know is, it was helping me. Unfortunately my insurance at the time was running out and they didn't keep me on it long enough. But I felt it was clearing my head. After the IV, then I did the Royal Bee Jelly and I felt it was helping.

TeaBisqit
  7. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I don't know why but 1/2 mg of ativan often clears my head. I am careful not to use more than that because I know it can be addictive but I've been using for over a year & never increased the dose.(I used to use them for sleep & found out accidently daytime benefits when I got out of bed for a phone call - I was like "wow I feel great")AMY