Brain Fog/Dull Headache HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondie45, Jun 18, 2006.

1. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

I have had interstitial cystitis for 20 years, IBS for about the last 5 or so years, and fibromyalgia for the last 2 or so years. I have read that these are all related as well as migraines, as they feel they all may possibly be autoimmune disorders. I was happy a few weeks/months ago that I had not had the migraines. Well in the last week or 2 I have now had a constant dull headache/brain fog. Does anyone have anything they can suggest for the dull headaches/brain fog that has helped them a good deal?

2. marta

marta New Member

Gosh, you need a reply! I'm no expert as to treatment of brain fog although I was an expert IN it. I've found that supplementing with magnesium and malic acid has helped me a lot (the store here is said to have a good mulit with those combos in it). Malic acid chelates out aluminium from our bodies and aluminium binds yeast to it. It might be worth a try. Ask your pharmacist if there would be any negative reaction with the meds you're taking now. I can't imagine any but be safe.

The other thing that came to mind was that your spine may need adjustment. I swear I have no financial gain in recommending chiropractic except that it works so well for me. I need to go at least every other week for full benefit.

We have to try a lot of things before we find what's right for us. Don't give up. Get mad.

Good luck.
    Marta
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I have never found anything to help with the brain fog. Try to eat correctly and I always try a detox bath for everything. Brain fog is usually better if you have had complete rest. I have severe cognitive dysfunction and I relate to how hard it is to deal with. My migraines have also mainly changed to pressure.

Dump a box of Empson salts into very warm bath water and try to relax. Add some baking soda and an essential oil to it that is comforting to you.

The best advise I can give you is if you are able to find a good massage therapist. They can work wonders.

I wish I could help more but I am in the same shape today.

4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I just discovered the trimenial nerve that runs up the back of the head will cause this. I am seeing neurosurgeon about it as mine drives me mad. I do also have a bad neck.

Love Anne C
  5. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Thanks for the replies. I am reading the Bowen technique therapy entries with interest. I searched in my city and there is someone who does this nearby, although in my nearby city it is called Kolden therapy. Not sure if this is the same as Bowen technique, but it is listed on the Bowen directory. This would be great if it works without taking any more pills.